No actionNo action
78 posts:
Order:    

Prof
Gloucester
All posts by this member
76 of 78  Wed 17th Jun 2020 4:19pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:1495

It means a lot to me too. At the Junior Tech we held our school assemblies in the Theatre which was sometimes used for dramatic productions, one I appeared in was a scene from Molière's L'Avare. Pop Parbury also fixed the rota of boys to read the lesson on stage with Fred West, the Headmaster.
Coventry Technical College
Prof
Gloucester
All posts by this member
77 of 78  Wed 17th Jun 2020 4:24pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:1495

Art Deco followed on from Art Nouveau Anne, but you may already be aware. In many ways Deco was less graceful (Nouveau had swirls and curls) witness Deco artists like Klimt in Vienna, more chunky and with much gold embellishment. (Cubism followed) I'm also a Poirot fan. Edited by member, 17th Jun 2020 9:11 pm
Earlsdon Kid
Argyll & Bute, Scotland
All posts by this member
78 of 78  Wed 17th Jun 2020 7:57pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2017  Total posts:86

That reminds me Prof. My school production of "Toad of Toad Hall" was transferred to the Technical College Theatre around 1964 when the KHVIII school hall burnt down a few days before the opening night. The fire destroyed the Toad Hall set with double staircase, together with Toads' various means of transport. However THE SHOW DID GO ON! The play was relocated to the Technical College Theatre and a vastly simplified set was constructed with all the art classes in the school painting scenes on the canvas backdrops, my class painted leaves that were attached to strings to create the forest scenery. Toads' transport now consisted of chairs and tables to represent the car and carriage, like most of us probably did with our own dining chairs at home! The production was a huge success and the simple props let the acting speak for itself.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 76 to 78 of 78 posts

Page 6 of 6

1 2 3 4 5 6
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Live Local Music, Artists & Venues
|

Next (newer) topic

Courthouse Green