No actionNo action
17 posts:
Order:    

Malvern
Somerset
All posts by this member
16 of 17  Thu 25th May 2017 7:55pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:27

Great photos, Robin - but so much has already changed from my memories of growing up in this area in the seventies! Here's a few memories brought on by your photos: In and around Shelton Square - The birdcage by the toy shop, Virgin Records, Dockerys? fish shop, Woolies where my aunt ran the cafe. Hertford Street - The Curry Bowl (first ever curry), The Army Recruitment Store and a bit further up WHSmith and HMV. I've posted previously about the Empire being replaced by the ABC/HMV cinema and the "Woof and Puff" Beryl Houghton's photography store and The Three Tuns at the bottom of Hertford Street by the "supermarket" now the "The Litten Tree" and singing with the Phoenix Male Voice Choir in the Central Hall. Just a few memories!
Malvern

City Centre South
pixrobin
Canley
All posts by this member
17 of 17  Thu 25th May 2017 10:49pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2014  Total posts:997

Thanks to those who gave kind words about my photographs. My passion is photography. For 15 years I worked in a school of architecture as a photographer. The experience I gained there helps so much in my taking pictures of buildings - especially modern buildings. At Thames Polytechnic (now Greenwich University) I often sat in on lectures and critiques of student's work to gain more insights. In this forum I am learning again. I learn from the accumulation of individual histories, memories, and knowledge that people write about on the Historic Coventry Forum. These days I am mostly confined to a mobility scooter for getting about. Perhaps 'confined' is the wrong word. I'm always sitting down, while I see others of my age struggling going up ramps carrying their shopping. I can stop almost wherever I wish to take a picture. I travel in relative comfort. And there are rarely traffic jams on pavements Thumbs up
City Centre South

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 17 of 17 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Miss Kenderdine's School, Earlsdon
|

Next (newer) topic

Thomas Ward
View similar topics in the Town Planning and Development category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 69ms)