No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

Neil Perdell
Oswestry
All posts by this member
1 of 3  Mon 15th May 2017 11:16pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2016  Total posts:11

Hello all, Does anyone remember this club? I was a member for a short while in the early 60's and we used to meet at the pub just inside London Road from Gulson Road, the Saracens Head or Arms I think. This branch of the TOMCC is no longer in existence as far as I can make out. There is a TOMCC branch at Meriden which may have replaced the original Coventry one. I was riding a 1939 Tiger 100 at this time and remember attending the first Dragon Rally near Snowdon in Wales (1962) with members of the club. It was held in January and was freezing cold throughout the weekend. Chris Vincent, the sidecar racer started off with us on a new BSA A65L but we didn't see him again until we got there! Does anyone have any memories of this? Or better still some photos. Cheers

Question

Neil

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
2 of 3  Tue 16th May 2017 6:56am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3837

Hi all & greetings to you Neil Perdell Welcome to our forum & thank you for your post. Best wishes.
matchle55
Coventry
All posts by this member
3 of 3  Tue 16th May 2017 9:03am  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:157

Hello Neil, Yes, the Meriden section of the Triumph owners club still meets at the working mens club which is adjacent to the village pond. How long it has been there I couldnt say. I did 2 dragon rallys, 2009 on Anglesey and 2011 in Snowdonia both experiences not to be missed, the 2009 one was noted for its sub zero temperatures, I slept with all my biking gear on LOL. Happy days

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Bremond College
|

Next (newer) topic

Medieval Coventry Conference
View similar topics in the Motoring category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 41ms)