No actionNo action
11 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 11  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3947

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
News, Media and Current Affairs - Coventry Weather Bulletins
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 11  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:174

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 11  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 11  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1987

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 11  Wed 18th Apr 2018 8:04am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Cloudy to start, before turning fine, sunny and warm. Today: A cloudy start to the day, especially across northern and western parts of the region. However, through the morning long spells of sunshine will develop, bringing a fine, sunny and warm afternoon. Despite this, it will be breezy. Maximum temperature 23°C. Tonight: Dry, breezy and mild overnight with lengthy clear spells across all parts. Winds will steadily start to ease towards dawn. Minimum temperature 8°C. Thursday: Another fine, sunny and warm day on Thursday with long spells of strong sunshine and light winds. Maximum temperature 24°C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Friday and Saturday will remain warm and sunny by day. Turning more unsettled later Saturday and through Sunday with a risk of heavy, thundery showers. Updated: 02:43 on Wed 18 Apr 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 11  Fri 20th Apr 2018 7:55am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Dry, with increasing amounts of warm sunshine. Today: Any patchy mist and fog will quickly lift and disperse this morning, and although some patchy cloud may bubble up through the day, it will remain dry and warm with plenty of sunshine. Maximum temperature 22°C. Tonight: After a fine evening it will be a dry night with just a few mist and fog patches forming in river valleys late in the night. Minimum temperature 8°C. Saturday: Any mist and fog will readily clear to leave a dry and sunny morning. Isolated showers may develop during the afternoon, these possibly heavy and thundery in places by evening. Maximum temperature 22°C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Sunday will be a cooler day with sunshine and a few showers. Monday and Tuesday will be rather cloudy and breezy, with some rain, and with temperatures around average. Updated: 01:07 on Fri 20 Apr 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 11  Sat 21st Apr 2018 8:59am  

Morning all Wave Risk of thunder showers later today. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Warm on Saturday, with a risk of thunderstorms. Cooler Sunday. Today: Any mist and fog will readily clear to leave a warm, dry and sunny day for most. However, some isolated heavy and thundery showers will develop during the afternoon and move northeastwards into the evening. Maximum temperature 24°C. Tonight: Any heavy showers or thunderstorms will clear away northeastwards during the evening. Dry overnight, with clear spells and perhaps a few mist or fog patches forming. Minimum temperature 10°C. Sunday: A sunny start for most. However cloudier skies will spread eastwards during the morning, with a few showers possible. Mostly dry for the afternoon, with some bright spells. Feeling cooler. Maximum temperature 17°C. Outlook for Monday to Wednesday: Changeable to begin the new working week. Generally cooler and breezy, with rain at times but also some brief drier, brighter spells. Temperatures near average for the time of year. Updated: 01:48 on Sat 21 Apr 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 11  Sat 21st Apr 2018 12:05pm  

If you need to keep an eye open for showers, please use Rain Radar. It self updates & shows the intensity of rainfall as well as if there is lightning about.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 11  Sat 21st Apr 2018 9:28pm  

Storm approaching from the south. Update at 10.30pm The Cotswolds were deluged both with rain & very frequent lightning, as the current shower cluster moves northwards away from Coventry. Our area only saw a couple of flashes from this downpour. No more on the horizon as I close for bedtime. Night, night all.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 11  Sun 22nd Apr 2018 8:37am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Turning cooler and more unsettled. Today: After a dry and in places fairly sunny start, cloud will thicken from the west bringing all areas a spell of rain. This should clear around the middle of the day leaving a mostly dry and brighter afternoon. Maximum temperature 16°C. Tonight: Mostly dry overnight with clear spells, although one or two showers are possible, chiefly in the north and west. It will be breezy, and feeling fresher than of late. Minimum temperature 7°C. Monday: Any showers should die out during the morning to leave a generally dry day with some sunny spells. However, cloud will thicken from the west later. A cool breeze. Maximum temperature 15°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Tuesday will be rather cloudy with a spell of rain possible. Wednesday and Thursday look brighter with sunny spells and scattered showers. Continuing to feel cool in the westerly wind. Updated: 01:19 on Sun 22 Apr 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 11  Wed 25th Apr 2018 8:00am  

Morning all Wave One word, Showers. The official forecast is very academic, but here it is. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Sunny spells and blustery, heavy showers. Today: After a bright start it will be a breezy day with a mixture of sunny spells and occasional blustery showers. The showers will become frequent and heavy in places this afternoon, with a risk of hail and thunder too. Maximum temperature 13 °C. Tonight: The showers will become lighter and more isolated through this evening, with some long clear spells developing during the early hours. It will remain breezy. Minimum temperature 6 °C. Thursday: Another showery day, but the showers will be lighter and less frequent than Wednesday's, with more in the way of sunshine. The fresh wind will ease, becoming light by evening. Maximum temperature 13 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Cloudy with rain at first on Friday clearing to showers later. Saturday sees bright spells and scattered showers. Sunday starts bright, but turning cloudier with a threat of rain later. Updated: 01:00 on Wed 25 Apr 2018 BST

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Today! (Current Coventry Issues)
|

Next (newer) topic

You are at the most recent topic
You are viewing topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 109ms)