No actionNo action
8 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 8  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3885

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
News, Media and Current Affairs - Coventry Weather Bulletins
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 8  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:164

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 8  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 8  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1900

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 8  Wed 17th Jan 2018 8:48am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Sunshine and wintry showers today. Heavy rain and gales tonight. Today: Cold and windy, with wintry showers slowly easing and snow becoming confined to the hills. Plenty of sunny spells through the afternoon and winds decreasing for a time. However, turning cloudier in the west later. Maximum temperature 6 °C. Tonight: Turning wet and windy for a time overnight with strong to gale force winds and heavy rain. Some transient snow is likely over the Peak District. Clearer spells later. Minimum temperature 3 °C. Thursday: Another blustery day with sunny spells and scattered wintry showers. Winds not as strong as earlier in the week, but still feeling cold. Maximum temperature 7 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Cold with wintry showers on Friday, locally heavy and thundery. Starting frosty on Saturday, but mostly fine and sunny. Slowly turning milder on Sunday with rain preceded by hill snow. Updated: 02:00 on Wed 17 Jan 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 8  Thu 18th Jan 2018 5:37pm  

FROST WARNING ********************** Risk of ice on untreated wet surfaces until mid-morning on Friday (tomorrow)
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 8  Fri 19th Jan 2018 8:47am  

Morning all, watch out for ice Sad Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Mainly dry with sunny spells. Today: Frosty or icy start. Cold and windy through the rest of the day with sunshine, but perhaps the odd shower. A risk of some hail, sleet or snow in places although this will mainly be on the hills. Maximum temperature 6 °C. Tonight: Any showers will ease overnight, but it will be cold with temperatures falling below zero, bringing a risk of ice in places. Turning cloudier in the southwest by morning. Minimum temperature -3 °C. Saturday: Saturday looks to be mainly dry, cold and bright. Cloudier in the southwest of the region, with a risk of rain for a time. Maximum temperature 6 °C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Sunday wet and windy with risk of snow on high ground. Monday probably wet and windy with some heavy rain. Tuesday drier although some light rain is possible. Turning milder. Updated: 07:58 on Fri 19 Jan 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 8  Sat 20th Jan 2018 10:17am  

Morning all, One word to describe the weather for today & tomorrow. "NORRIBLE" ***************

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Gulson Road Hospital
|

Next (newer) topic

You are at the most recent topic
You are viewing topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 46ms)