No actionNo action
13 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 13  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4008

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
News, Media and Current Affairs - Coventry Weather & Blether
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 13  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:182

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 13  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 13  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2130

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 13  Mon 28th May 2018 10:26am  

Hi all Wave This is in my opinion the best weather tool to use for anywhere in the UK. Rain Radar.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 13  Fri 29th Jun 2018 8:39am  

Morning all Wave HCF outside broadcast unit.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 13  Fri 6th Jul 2018 10:29am  

Morning all Wave I have changed the title on our weather topic. Please feel free to contribute to our weather discussion. Whilst I will continue to post regular updates regards the latest weather scenarios for Coventry, hopefully for the benefit of our local Coventry members, it also puts folks from anywhere in the picture. Please don't be afraid to post what is happening where you are weather-wise.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 13  Sun 15th Jul 2018 8:29am  

Morning all, on the day when tabloid headlines said that our heatwave would be over. Wave I am sat outside with my bowl of breakfast cereal, basking in glorious sunshine. I hope we do have showers on Monday as there is precious little rain until the end of the week. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Plenty of warm sunshine on Sunday. Showers next week. Today: A fine start with wall to wall sunshine through much of the morning. Some fair weather cloud developing through the afternoon, feeling warm in light winds. Maximum temperature 27°C. Tonight: A fine evening with any cloud soon thinning to leave long clear periods through the night. Warmer than recent nights. Minimum temperature 16°C. Monday: After a sunny start it will cloud over from the west with hit-and-miss showers for a time through the afternoon. Turning drier and fresher overnight. Maximum temperature 25°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: A fresher feel than of late, with hit-and-miss showers in many parts, which could turn heavy especially on Tuesday. Fewer showers by Thursday. Updated: 02:13 on Sun 15 Jul 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 13  Mon 16th Jul 2018 4:51pm  

Afternoon all Wave Shower showing up south side of Coventry just now. Update at 5.30pm, shower moving north, no rain in Holbrooks. Another shower cluster over Gloucestershire now, heading our way but whether it dissipates or intensifies, who knows?
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
10 of 13  Mon 16th Jul 2018 8:39pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:1215

We have rain in Tamworth Phil, 8.40 pm
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 13  Mon 16th Jul 2018 9:20pm  

Hi Anne, Wave A bit in the air whilst I type, but next to zero. My arms ache from watering cans. Can you send us a drop down please! No substantial rain on horizon. Sad
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
12 of 13  Mon 16th Jul 2018 10:55pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:1215

I’ll put some on a teaspoon Philip, my daughter in Leamington has had some as well. I think I will still have to get my watering can out again tomorrow. Why is it when you need it the water butt is empty. I have been saving washing up water to put round the roses though.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
13 of 13  Wed 18th Jul 2018 8:49am  

Morning all on Belgrade bacon butty day. Big grin Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Sunny spells and a few showers. Today: Dry for many today with bright or sunny spells, but a few mostly light showers will break out. Winds will be light and it should feel warmer than on Tuesday. Maximum temperature 26°C. Tonight: Any showers will fade through the evening, leaving a dry night with variable amounts of cloud and plenty of clear spells. Fairly warm overnight. Minimum temperature 14°C. Thursday: A fine day on Thursday with plenty of sunshine and light winds. Becoming very warm through the afternoon. Maximum temperature 27°C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Generally dry through Friday and the weekend with spells of sunshine and light winds. Becoming more humid and locally hot in some places. Updated: 03:02 on Wed 18 Jul 2018 BST Thumbs up Thumbs up

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Today! (Current Coventry Issues)
|

Next (newer) topic

You are at the most recent topic
You are viewing topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category