No actionNo action
5 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 5  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3830

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
Coventry Weather Bulletins
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:161

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 5  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Sun 17th Sep 2017 4:41am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Sunny spells and scattered showers. Today: It will be a chilly start with some patchy mist and fog, clearing to leave sunny spells and scattered showers, occasionally heavy. There will be fewer showers than recently and with light winds it will feel warmer in the sunshine. Maximum temperature 17 °C. Tonight: Showers will fade through the evening, to leave a dry night. With clear spells it will turn chilly again, perhaps with some mist and fog patches forming in rural spots. Minimum temperature 6 °C. Monday: After a chilly start, Monday will see another day of sunny spells and scattered showers. With light winds, the showers may be slow moving in places. Maximum temperature 17 °C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Dry on Tuesday with sunny spells and light winds. Gradually turning more unsettled from midweek, with patchy rain on Wednesday. Breezier on Thursday with some heavier rain. Milder nights. Updated: 03:07 on Sun 17 Sep 2017 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Tue 19th Sep 2017 7:11am  

Morning all Wave An earlier mid-week forecast, as today & tomorrow look to be totally dry. Thursday looks a wet day followed by a look to be a nice Friday & weekend. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: A pleasant and settled day with sunny spells. Today: It will be a chilly morning with some patchy mist and fog. Mist and fog will clear through the morning to leave a dry day with sunny spells. Winds will be light and it will feel pleasant in any sunshine. Maximum temperature 17 °C. Tonight: A dry night with scattered cloud and light winds. The odd clear spell may develop here or there and a cool feel to overnight temperatures, particularly in rural spots. Minimum temperature 8 °C. Wednesday: A dry day with some sunny spells but increasing cloud cover into the afternoon. Cloud cover will continue to thicken into the evening with outbreaks of rain expected at times. Maximum temperature 17 °C. Outlook for Thursday to Saturday: Cloud and rain clearing slowly eastward on Thursday. Mostly dry with sunny spells on both Friday and Saturday. Some mist or fog on Friday morning. Warmer than recently. Updated: 03:05 on Tue 19 Sep 2017 BST

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Post Boxes
|

Next (newer) topic

Forum Breakfast Meet-ups
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 49ms)