No actionNo action
11 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 11  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4054

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
Coventry Weather & Blether
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 11  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:186

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 11  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 11  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2297

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 11  Mon 28th May 2018 10:26am  

Hi all Wave This is in my opinion the best weather tool to use for anywhere in the UK. Rain Radar.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 11  Fri 29th Jun 2018 8:39am  

Morning all Wave HCF outside broadcast unit.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 11  Fri 6th Jul 2018 10:29am  

Morning all Wave I have changed the title on our weather topic. Please feel free to contribute to our weather discussion. Whilst I will continue to post regular updates regards the latest weather scenarios for Coventry, hopefully for the benefit of our local Coventry members, it also puts folks from anywhere in the picture. Please don't be afraid to post what is happening where you are weather-wise.
Heathite
Coventry
All posts by this member
8 of 11  Sat 28th Jul 2018 11:59am  
Member: Joined Aug 2012  Total posts:494

Hi Philip, thank you for the radar links - the radar graphic is easy to understand get a very good insight with what we might expect.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 11  Fri 14th Sep 2018 9:08am  

Morning all Wave We in Coventry are faring quite well compared to other parts of the UK. Mostly dry, bright & sunny tomorrow, dull on Sunday. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Breezy with sunny spells and scattered showers. Today: Mainly dry and sunny to begin with, but turning cloudier through the morning with a mixture of sunny spells and scattered showers for the rest of the day. Some places may stay dry but it will be breezy for all. Maximum temperature 18°C. Tonight: Showers will fade through the evening, leaving a dry night with lengthy clear spells. Winds will ease so some shallow mist and fog patches may form towards dawn. Minimum temperature 8°C. Saturday: Mostly dry on Saturday with variable cloud and some sunny spells. The odd shower is possible, but it will feel warmer with light winds. Maximum temperature 19°C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Cloudy, breezy and mostly dry on Sunday although the chance of some rain later and early on Monday. Becoming very warm by Tuesday, but potentially wet and very windy overnight. Updated: 01:52 on Fri 14 Sep 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 11  Sun 16th Sep 2018 8:07am  

Morning all Wave A taste of Autumn week. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Cloudy with patchy rain. Today: Sunday will be a rather cloudy day for most with some patchy rain at times. The best of any sunshine will be towards Warwickshire during the morning. Maximum temperature 20°C. Tonight: The evening and night will stay dry but rather cloudy. There will be a few gaps in the cloud but the wind will keep temperatures fairly mild. Minimum temperature 9°C. Monday: Tomorrow will be dry, fine and unseasonably warm. Sunny spells will be particularly prevalent in Shropshire. Storm Helene will not affect the region significantly but it will become windy overnight. Maximum temperature 23°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Tuesday will be breezy but mostly dry, bright and warm. Heavy rain and strong winds are likely later on Wednesday and again during Thursday. Updated: 03:08 on Sun 16 Sep 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 11  Wed 19th Sep 2018 8:04am  

Morning all Wave Not at the Belgrade this morning. We are doing a breaky test in Leamington this morning. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Windy with sunny spells and some showery rain. Today: A windy day in store, but dry at first with some sunshine. A spell of rain will move across the region during the day, but as this clears brighter skies will follow. Despite the wind it will feel warm. Maximum temperature 21 °C. Tonight: Winds will ease through the evening, leaving a fine end to the day with plenty of clear skies at first. However, cloud will thicken bringing rain by dawn. Minimum temperature 11 °C. Thursday: Unsettled on Thursday with spells of rain throughout the day, perhaps heavy at times especially over western hills. Winds will become increasingly strong through the afternoon. Maximum temperature 19 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Windy and cool on Friday with sunshine and blustery showers. Starting dry on Saturday but turning cloudier with rain later. Potentially very windy on Sunday. Updated: 03:23 on Wed 19 Sep 2018 BST

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Woodway Lane and Potters Green
|

Next (newer) topic

GEC Telephone Works - Gosford Street
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category