No actionNo action
7 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 7  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3838

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
Coventry Weather Bulletins
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 7  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:164

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 7  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
4 of 7  Sun 12th Nov 2017 9:37am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Cold and sunny today, with a frost by tomorrow morning. Today: Sunday With the exception of a few showers in southwestern parts of the region this morning, it will be a cold and sunny day with clear blue skies, with an added chill from the wind. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Tonight: It will stay clear and dry overnight, with the winds gradually easing. Temperatures will fall quickly, leading to a widespread frost by the morning. Minimum temperature -2 °C. Monday: A bright and frosty start, but skies will gradually start to turn cloudier through the day. Maximum temperature 7 °C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Tuesday and Wednesday milder, but cloudy with a little rain at times. Thursday a brighter day, but perhaps turning wet and windy later. Updated: 02:30 on Sun 12 Nov 2017 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 7  Wed 15th Nov 2017 9:20am  

Morning all, Wave Updated mid-week forecast, Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Fog slow to clear today, some rain expected tomorrow. Today: Patches of fog will be slow to clear through the morning. Then there is a dry but cloudy day in store for most with a few bright or sunny spells emerging this afternoon. Maximum temperature 12 °C. Tonight: Dry with clear spells at first this evening, which may cause some patchy fog to develop. Turning progressively cloudier towards dawn with some patchy rain developing. Minimum temperature 8 °C. Thursday: Cloud and outbreaks of rain will gradually clear southeastwards through the day with drier, brighter and colder condtions developing from the north later in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 11 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Sunny spells on Friday but feeling chilly with the risk of a few showers. Dry, bright and chilly for much of Saturday before rain is expected to arrive on Sunday. Updated: 06:28 on Wed 15 Nov 2017 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 7  Fri 17th Nov 2017 9:08am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Cold and dry with sunny spells. Today: Starting cold and frosty for many, but plenty of sunshine throughout the day. Some patchy cloud will bubble up later on and it will turn breezier in the north of the region. Feeling cold for all. Maximum temperature 9 °C. Tonight: Dry to begin the night with plenty of clear skies allowing it to turn cold and in places frosty. Cloud will thicken later though, with some patchy rain towards dawn. Minimum temperature 0 °C. Saturday: Cloudy and perhaps damp to start, with some light and patchy rain. Turning drier through the afternoon with sunny spells and remaining cold. Maximum temperature 10 °C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Cold and dry on Sunday with some sunny spells. Turning milder and wetter on Monday and Tuesday, with the risk of some heavy rain but also some brighter spells. Updated: 01:10 on Fri 17 Nov 2017 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 7  Sun 19th Nov 2017 9:28am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Fine with some sunshine after a frosty start. Today: It will be a fine and bright morning after a frosty start, with plenty of sunshine across the region. It will tend to cloud over during the afternoon but it will stay dry until after dark. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Tonight: Cloudy overnight with outbreaks of rain developing by mid evening, and with this patchy rain continuing on and off through the rest of the night. Becoming breezy by morning. Minimum temperature 4 °C. Monday: Cloudy and breezy with a little light rain to start, but it will become drier and brighter as the day goes on, with some bright spells through the afternoon. Maximum temperature 14 °C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Unsettled but relatively mild, with periods of rain and strong winds. Particularly windy on Wednesday and Thursday, with a risk of gales over any higher ground. Updated: 01:35 on Sun 19 Nov 2017 GMT

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Railways around Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

Bedworth and Nuneaton
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 44ms)