No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

AndrewFilm
Newcastle Upon Tyne
All posts by this member
1 of 3  Thu 19th Jan 2012 3:41pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:2

Hi, I'm a producer at Newcastle-based film production company Third Films, and I'm posting here in regards to a feature film project we're currently working on. I came across this forum while looking into the car manufacturing industry in Coventry, as part of some research for the film project. Firstly, here's a little bit of info about the film - Bypass is the latest feature film by writer-director Duane Hopkins, and will shoot in summer 2012. Bypass explores the life of a young man, Tim, growing up in an unnamed city not unlike Coventry, which has experienced the gradual decline of its manufacturing industry - and particularly its car building industry, which was once the most significant employer of the city's people. One of the key relationships in the film is that between Tim and his Grandfather. The Grandfather is a man who spent most of his life employed in car making, having started his working life with a five year apprenticeship at a large car plant in the late 1950s. Moving towards a finished draft of the script Duane is hoping to do some research, speaking to people of a similar age to the grandfather character (men aged 60-80) who have experienced many years of employment at a car plant, so that he can learn from their experiences and make the character as authentic as possible. When I came across this forum I thought it might be a good way to see if anyone out there of a similar age and of similar experience to The Grandfather character might be happy to help with the research. If anyone on here is, please do get in touch. Ideally we could then arrange for the writer to speak with you, and discuss elements of your working life, how the industry evolved across the decades etc. As I say, this is purely for script research purposes and would involve no filming, just conversation. Thanks in advance to all those who decide to take a look at this. Andrew
Feature Film Research - Car Making in Coventry
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 3  Fri 20th Jan 2012 12:52pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1550

Hi Andrew, Welcome to our forum. Thumbs up I can't help with your request I'm afraid but it certainly sounds like an interesting project! How would you like people to "get in touch"? - it may help if you amend your Forum Profile and allow direct "contact". This displays a contact button below your forum name, then people can click it to send you a personal email. I sure there's a massive amount of info out there - lets hope you get to hear some of it!
AndrewFilm
Newcastle Upon Tyne
All posts by this member
3 of 3  Mon 23rd Jan 2012 12:47pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:2

Hi, thanks for the welcome and also the advice in regards allowing direct contact. I've amended my profile now so that forum users can indeed respond direct to me, I hope to hear from some people soon!

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Mercer's TV shop
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry Triangle Motor Club
View similar topics in the Industry, Business and Work category