No actionNo action
2 posts:
Order:    

Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
1 of 2  Sat 15th Jul 2017 2:48pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1811

What might interest some of you, ANSTY HALL. One of the oldest houses I ever entered. One of my brothers was asked by Woollcombe-Adams to look after the grounds in his spare time. Some of the rooms were converted into a small cottage that my brother could move his family into. I brought my family to Coventry on a visit, my brother then showed me round the house - dark and gloomy. I doubt it had been altered since it was built, carvings, paintings from centuries ago, truly magnificent. I also learnt that my brother was doing the same job I had done twenty years or so earlier, works fireman at Ansty airfield.
Ansty and Shilton
Norman Conquest
Allesley
All posts by this member
2 of 2  Sun 16th Jul 2017 10:53am  
Member: Joined Oct 2014  Total posts:831

Been to Ansty Hall several times over the years and can recommend it for any function. Been also to Weston Hall and Bosworth Hall for wedding receptions but my choice now would be Coombe or Chesford Grange. Kaga, think your brother must have worked for Rolls Royce or Armstrong Siddeley as they took over the Ansty airfield shortly after the war. I remember the roar of jet engines being tested there in the early 50s, could hear them from Bell Green where I lived then.
Just old and knackered

Ansty and Shilton

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

UK City of Culture 2021
|

Next (newer) topic

Early memories
View similar topics in the Coventry Suburbs and Beyond category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 76ms)