Next pageLast page
52 posts:
Order:    

Baz
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 52  Sat 15th Dec 2012 9:12pm  
Member: Joined May 2012  Total posts:340

I have had to think long and hard about this. There are so many good films I have seen, but to choose the best was hard. In the black and white category, I have chosen Greyfriars Bobby. This tells the true story of a little dog being granted the key to the city after his master died. Sad Next in the the colour category I chose The Great Escape. There were so many stars in it at the time it was made (they don't make 'em like they use to) Cheers And the most uptodate film has to be The Hangover 1 and 2. So funny, I could not stop laughing. Thumbs up This tells the story of four guys who totally fall foul to the night before the big day but can't remember where they left the groom or where they got that tattoo from. Thumbs up
Always looking forward to looking at the past.

Favourite movies and film memories
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
2 of 52  Sat 15th Dec 2012 10:26pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2216

I recall Greyfriars Bobby, lovely film. Of course mine is The Secret Garden. Rebecca. To kill a mockingbird. Hook - hehe, how you become a pirate as you've forgotten what you were like as a kid, and the thought gone into the armour.
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
3 of 52  Sun 16th Dec 2012 1:58am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3159

I loved Bambi because that was the first time I remember crying and my father took me to see it. I must have really wanted to go at the time for him to take me on his own. These days it would have to be Love Actually, a Christmassy one. Lots of movies I have liked and really enjoyed and queued up for, too many to mention. Thumbs up
gangan
Stockton, Southam
All posts by this member
4 of 52  Mon 17th Dec 2012 11:27am  
Member: Joined May 2012  Total posts:126

My all time favourite film is "The Blues Brothers" but VERY close runners up are The Cruel Sea, Reach for the Sky and The Dam Busters. Blues Brothers is totally different to the others, but has great music, cameo roles, humour, car chase and wrecks and pathos. Seen it 28 times!! and still love it
scrutiny
coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 52  Mon 17th Dec 2012 12:56pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2010  Total posts:629

Hi, It would be very difficult to say my all time favourite film because of the diversity of films I like. However, if you have not seen "Cinema Paradiso" then I think you have missed out. It is a love story with a difference. I'm not into love stories but if this one does not move you then nothing will. Thumbs up Bet you watch it again after seeing once!!!
anne
coventry
All posts by this member
6 of 52  Mon 17th Dec 2012 11:00pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:287

'The Wizard of Oz' and 'Easter Parade' are my favourites!
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
7 of 52  Tue 18th Dec 2012 7:36am  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1358

For the sheer amount of fun packed into one movie, "Life Of Brian" (or should that be "Bwian") is my very favourite comedy film. There have been so many great movies, but in recent years the one that impressed me most was "The King's Speech", which also, funnily enough, had some very comical moments.
Mike H
London Ontario, Canada
All posts by this member
8 of 52  Tue 18th Dec 2012 1:02pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:440

Best B&W. Goodbye Mr Chips. Robert Donat aged so well, always believable. The Maltese Falcon. more twists than a thousand 'granny knots' Best Comedy. Crocodile Dundee. Australia and its inmates are just too cool, even the rough ones Best WWII. Patton. George C Scott played him well Saving Private Ryan. The opening scenes show how it really was, and I was upset by the demise of the Tom Hanks character at the end. 633 Squadron. The bits where you see Mossies fly Best Western. The Good The Bad and The Ugly. Blondie and Tuco, the best comedy team ever in a western The Magnificent Seven. Seven really good actors. Dances with Wolves. I have great respect for 'the nations' of the New World. Best Sci-Fi. Anything featuring Bill Shatner's James T Kirk. Star Wars. I dismissed it as garbage and refused to see it at a movie theatre. I wish that I had now. Best Historical. Gladiator. I was 'moved' all of the way through this movie Best Detective. Dirty Harry movies. John Wayne said he wasn't interested in the role as he felt the violence in the script was unjustified and glorified. The movie was not about violence. It was about a detective who cared about the plight of victims.
mayjan
Green Lane,Coventry
All posts by this member
9 of 52  Tue 18th Dec 2012 8:42pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2010  Total posts:258

Having been confined to my home since last Friday with a horrid cough and cold virus, I have been watching some of the Christmasy films on telly, which are mostly rubbish. This afternoon I sat and watched one of my favourite films, Ice Cold in Alex, with the lovely John Mills and Sylvia Simms, great film. Love the bit when they finally get to Alexandria and the barman pours that ice cold pint. Cheers Another film I absolutely love watching is Spring and Port Wine, with James Mason and the lovely Diana Coupland, a great family film. Vera Drake is another great film although quite sad, but the story told was so true in its time. Like Gangan, I also enjoy watching Reach For The Sky with that great actor Kenneth More. Thumbs up
anne
coventry
All posts by this member
10 of 52  Tue 18th Dec 2012 11:08pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:287

On 18th Dec 2012 7:36am, Rob Orland said: For the sheer amount of fun packed into one movie, "Life Of Brian" (or should that be "Bwian") is my very favourite comedy film.
'He's not the Son of God, he's just a very naughty boy!'
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
11 of 52  Wed 19th Dec 2012 12:16am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3159

Hi Anne, I forgot that one. Have you noticed whenever you hear 'Always look on the bright side of life' everyone seems to want to join in ? Thumbs up
tilly trotter
bedworth
All posts by this member
12 of 52  Sun 17th Mar 2013 6:45pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:60

My favourite films are Gone with the Wind, Reach for the Sky, Saving Private Ryan, The Greengage Summer, Hanover Street, to name but a few.
C Arnold

woodford
coventry
All posts by this member
13 of 52  Tue 26th Mar 2013 10:18am  
Member: Joined Feb 2013  Total posts:171

Looking forward to re watching 'Easter Parade', for the umpteenth time, at the weekend. One of my all time favourites Wave
morgana
the secret garden
All posts by this member
14 of 52  Tue 26th Mar 2013 8:12pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:2216

I have never watched that film Woodford, so shall look out for it this weekend. Smile
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
15 of 52  Thu 28th Mar 2013 8:04am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1561

I'm amazed nobody's mentioned "It's A Wonderful Life" - Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without watching that film. Wonderful! Thumbs up

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52 posts

Page 1 of 4

1 2 3 4
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

More mystery Coventry scenes
|

Next (newer) topic

Bedworth and Nuneaton