No actionNo action
1 post:
Order:    

CorbinGriffen
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 1  Thu 26th Oct 2017 4:15pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2017  Total posts:1

Hello everyone, My name is Corbin Griffen, I am a researcher at Coventry University and I am writing on this forum inviting men aged 60-80 years to volunteer for a really exciting research study being conducted by myself at Coventry University. The research is in collaboration with University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust and has received ethical approval from Coventry University Ethics Committee. The research is investigating whether participating in an exercise and nutrition intervention for 12 weeks improves muscular strength and functional fitness and also metabolic and cognitive function in men aged 60-80 years. All participants who volunteer for the study will receive a very detailed health assessment conducted in the human metabolism research unit at University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire. There are only 2 of these facilities in the UK and the information will be provided back to participants. The data we will gather from this and which will be forwarded back to each participant would not be able to be achieved from a general health check with a general practitioner. Half of the participants who volunteer will also receive 12 weeks free supervised exercise sessions with myself, a level 3 qualified personal trainer to improve their functional movement and muscular strength. If you are, or know anyone who may be interested in participating this exciting research project, please contact me on email: griffenc@uni.Coventry.ac.uk or telephone: 07936433169. Kind regards, Corbin Corbin Griffen PhD Student Centre for Sport, Exercise and Life Sciences Faculty of Health & Life Sciences Level 3 Science & Health Building Research Office (Room 3.07) Coventry University Coventry CV1 2DS
C.L.Griffen

Research project for men aged 60-80 years

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Coventry City FC (The Bantams (aka The Old Five))
|

Next (newer) topic

Maps of Coventry
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 47ms)