No actionNo action
20 posts:
Order:    

Yanster
Wales
All posts by this member
16 of 20  Mon 9th Apr 2018 6:06pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2016  Total posts:21

You're welcome Rob Forgive me if I sound like I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs; I'm sure you know better, but I think the use of Mailerlite, Mailchimp or ConvertKit should mostly take care of GDPR. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick with what you're trying to achieve? Wink
Data Protection Act 2018
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
17 of 20  Mon 9th Apr 2018 8:33pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1256

No, it's no problem, thank you - I appreciate any help I can get, as this side of things is a bit new to me. As it happens, regarding emailing members, I might not actually do this in the end if it's not absolutely necessary. Originally I'd planned to switch off all members' "contact buttons", and then let each member switch back on if desired. But this might be going too far for this site, because I've now made the default for all newly registering members "off", so they have to actively select to have personal contacts - and all other members could make their decision to switch on or off at any time via their profile, so hopefully I'm covered in that particular respect. But if you think of anything else that I ought to do to make this forum compliant, I welcome any advice, thank you.
Data Protection Act 2018
Yanster
Wales
All posts by this member
18 of 20  Fri 20th Apr 2018 7:30pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2016  Total posts:21

Hi again Rob Just wondered if you might find any of the following webinars useful.
Data Protection Act 2018
Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
19 of 20  Fri 20th Apr 2018 9:58pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1256

Hi again Yanster, Once again, many thanks for your support (I'm still wearing it!). It's great to receive advice on this, as initially it looked quite a scary situation. My hope now is that I've done just enough to keep our members happy (which is the most important part for me), and to reassure any authorities, who are sad enough to want to check, that I've tried to comply! Hopefully they'll be spending their time chasing the "big boys" where they can earn big bucks, and not pay much attention to little sites like ours.
Data Protection Act 2018
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
20 of 20  Sat 21st Apr 2018 8:02am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4819

Webinar? Roll eyes Had to look that one up! Oh my
Data Protection Act 2018

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Coventry Model Railways
|

Next (newer) topic

Railways around Coventry
View similar topics in the Information category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 5th April 2018  (Load time: 92ms)