No actionNo action
4 posts:
Order:    

Mr Blue Sky
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
All posts by this member
1 of 4  Fri 3rd Feb 2012 7:51pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:18

Hi, I am trying to locate an old school friend of mine called Maurice David Anderson. Maurice would be about 71 years old now. He used to live in Tackford Road in the early-mid 1950s. I last saw him in 1968 and I believe he was working for either Ferguson Engineering or Ferguson Design. Do any of the forum members know of his whereabouts? Many Thanks Cheers , Mr Blue Sky
Maurice David Anderson
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 4  Fri 3rd Feb 2012 10:07pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1546

Welcome to our forum Mr Blue Sky! Wave I hope someone can give you some help with your search Thumbs up
Maurice David Anderson
rojwhittle
derbyshire
All posts by this member
3 of 4  Sat 11th Feb 2012 11:21pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2011  Total posts:57

Hello tony. I worked at Harry Ferguson Research from 1963 to 68, and remember Maurice well. He was a really nice guy, with very dark hair and Buddy Holly glasses. He worked at that time for the sister company, Tractor Research Limited as a Draughtsman. As far as I know, there is no 'alumni' organisation for HFR or TRL, but I have some recollection of him moving to Alvis - could be wrong. It is a long shot, but it's possible the Ferguson family Museum at Freshwater in the Isle of Wight may have some records. Good luck with your search.
Maurice David Anderson
Mr Blue Sky
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
All posts by this member
4 of 4  Sun 12th Feb 2012 3:50pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:18

Thank you for your helpful response, Rojwhittle. I will look into the information you mentioned. I would like to add that Maurice had a younger brother called Douglas, unfortunately I have no idea where he is at this time either. The last known address I have for Maurice is Dunsmore Avenue, Willenhall, Coventry in 1979.
Maurice David Anderson

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Film set in Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

Watch Museum Project
View similar topics in the Search for People category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 194ms)