Kaga simpson
211 of 213  Fri 19th Jul 2019 10:29am  
Off-topic / chat  

NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
212 of 213  Wed 16th Sep 2020 3:30pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:2692

Hi all Wave I discussed on here tram 32 some time ago - the old tram ruin left to rot away sadly in a local wood. I attempted to gain some support from the Council a while ago and made them aware by meeting with a Council representative. She reached out to me as she is running the programme to introduce the proposed new VLR - Very Light Railway - system to the city centre. As expected support for the old tram was not forthcoming due to cost, however Nicola Small from the Council sent an article that appeared in a transport magazine regarding the work, She did ask them to quote the forum which they sadly omitted to do, however you might find it interesting. Rob has added it to the article links here - no.19.
Coventry Trams
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
213 of 213  Fri 18th Sep 2020 12:54pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3850

NeilsYard I would have thought it would have been wiser if the council saved your money rather than squander it on a useless piece of scrap that had nothing to do with transport of today. That old tram was that the citizens had no choice, it saved the expense of feeding and keeping a horse, the horse buses were faster, but could not take so many. The only thing about that particular tram that kept it in Coventry was it was the butt of a comedian’s joke that got him banned from stage and radio. Around 1950 I worked for the man that bought the tram no32, the only reason, butt of the joke. I hoped it had died a death first time around on this topic.
Coventry Trams

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 211 to 213 of 213 posts

Page 15 of 15

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 11 12 13 14 15
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Restaurants, Cafes, Coffee Bars
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry Dance Halls and Studios