No actionNo action
1 post:
Order:    

Harrier
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 1  Mon 6th May 2019 6:35pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2012  Total posts:164

If any member is interested, on May 22nd at 7:15pm I am giving a light hearted talk concerning "The History of Coventry Godiva Harriers and Other Clubs in the City during the Last 140 years" at Godiva Harriers Clubhouse, which is at the Coventry Track, Westwood Campus, Kirby Corner Road, Canley CV4 9AL. Cost £1, refreshments available, plenty of free parking, open to all. The Talk is about the EARLY YEARS of the club, perhaps to WW1, with plenty of local photographs, some memorabilia and a smattering of intriguing questions for those who think they know their city!. No interest in athletics or sport is required as it is not a lecture concerning statistics but about the influences and personalities which allowed Godiva to survive when the other 30 odd clubs in the city foundered. Please let me know beforehand if you are interested in attending so adequate seating is in place! Use the 'CONTACT' button or Colin on 02476405243 - use also for further information. It may be of interest to know that I used to display in the History Tent at the Godiva Festivals (winning on the sole occasion an award was given - £200 for my club) An extensive display has been mounted at the Heritage Weekends.
History Talk

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Middleborough Terrace
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry Fire Brigade (inc. Hales Street Fire Station)
View similar topics in the Sport, Music and Leisure category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5

Website & counter by Rob Orland © 2019

Load time: 132ms