No actionNo action
1 post:
Order:    

OddSock
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 1  Wed 1st Jan 2020 1:43pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2018  Total posts:22

Hello everyone, Happy New Year!! Heads up anyone researching their family trees whose family originates from Shropshire and, in particular, the Welsh border town of Knighton! Terry Drayton, a local historian from Knighton, has compilied a list of 99% of the burials in 'The Old Cemetery' in Knighton. Furthermore, he has generously set up a web page on which he has cross-referenced this information so that any interested parties can trace any ancestor who they suspect may have been buried there! Acting on just a throw-away comment from my late Mother, I have been able to locate the graves of her parents, my Grandparents. using Terry's web page and meticulous listings! Having contacted him to pass on my gratitude, he promptly trotted over to the cemetery, took a few images of the grave, and then e-mailed them back to me - amazing! For the first time, I could see the grave and read the inscription on the headstone!! I realise Terry's dedicated and selfless work is quite niche in its appeal and, on the face of it, nothing to do with Coventry. However, the man deserves a shout out and, you never know, his work might inspire or help other readers of this wonderful site? His web page address is: https://knightoncemetery.wixsite.com/mysite
Odd Sock (there

Non-Coventry - Knighton, Powys

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

British and proud of it
|

Next (newer) topic

Measurement - Imperial v Metric