Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4255

Storm Ciara
Coventry Weather & Blether
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
2 of 39  Wed 5th Feb 2020 6:56pm  

Hi all, The latest informed chatter appears to be that the weekend's storm is winding much tighter like a watch spring over the west coast of Scotland, which will in turn slightly loosen the springs over Coventry. It means a slight lessening of wind speeds. That is only chatter, the Jetstream could track further south, which would mean storm winds. We are keeping our eyes on this, the fireworks start late on Saturday. The latest maximum gust wind speed forecast is 47mph on Sunday afternoon, not the 80mph being currently speculated in the media.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 39  Thu 6th Feb 2020 8:17pm  

Evening all West Midlands weather forecast Thursday 6 Feb - Monday 10 Feb Headline: Dry with clear spells tonight. Rain later on Friday. This Evening and Tonight: A dry and a calm evening with plenty of clear skies. Overnight, some low cloud or and fog patches forming with a breeze developing. Slightly less cold with air frost largely confined to rural spots. Minimum temperature -2°C. Friday: It will be a dry morning with sunny spells. Through the afternoon cloud will start to build with patchy rain arriving during the early evening. Winds becoming stronger. Maximum temperature 7°C. Outlook for Saturday to Monday: Winds increasing Saturday with sunshine and showers. Heavy rain followed by blustery showers Sunday with very strong to gale force winds. Blustery, possibly wintry showers Monday and remaining very windy. Updated: 16:00 (UTC) on Thu 6 Feb 2020
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
4 of 39  Thu 6th Feb 2020 8:58pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:1834

It's gonna be windyyyyyyy! I'm in a race against time to get enough stuff into my new shed so that it doesn't trundle away.
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
5 of 39  Fri 7th Feb 2020 5:56am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3416

Bye byeeeeeeee Helen, see ya Roll eyes
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
6 of 39  Fri 7th Feb 2020 9:22am  

Thumbs up Just like that Dreamtime... but with a plastic shed blowing past scattering garden tools as it goes Lol
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 39  Fri 7th Feb 2020 2:07pm  

Afternoon all, Latest chart for Sunday Storm, peaking around noon.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 39  Sat 8th Feb 2020 4:10pm  

Hi all, From now until Monday morning, a detailed forecast is irrelevant.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 39  Sun 9th Feb 2020 10:01am  

Morning all, The gusts of around 50mph are peaking now as I post this I believe. So, now the official Met forecast. West Midlands weather forecast Sunday 9 Feb - Thursday 13 Feb Headline: Very windy. Heavy rain in the morning clearing to showers. Today: Through the morning a band of heavy rain will move through the region accompanied by gales or severe gales. Rain will clear to heavy, squally showers in the afternoon with the odd sunny spell. Maximum temperature 13°C. Tonight: A largely cloudy night with showers, these possibly heavy and wintry over the higher ground, with some drier and clear spells inbetween. Winds will remain strong with gales. Minimum temperature 0°C. Monday: Dry through the morning with sunny spells and showers. Cloudier in the afternoon with rain which will be heavy, possibly with snow in places. Rain clearing to further showers later. Maximum temperature 6°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Very windy on Tuesday with showers, wintry in places. Showers and bright spells on Wednesday, winds easing later. Wind and rain clearing to sunny spells and showers on Thursday. Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Sun 9 Feb 2020
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 39  Mon 10th Feb 2020 11:30am  

Hi all, Pam & I do hope that we are all ok after the weekend of gales. The wind & showers remain until the end of Tuesday, even ramping up a bit on Tuesday, but from Wednesday, it all settles down, with mainly dry days. We will do a full forecast on Wednesday as normal. On with your sweeping up now please.
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
11 of 39  Mon 10th Feb 2020 3:04pm  

I had the sideways rain for a short while - like in those news footages from reporters in hurricanes - but it only was that bad for about 20 mins. A few trees down in the area but nothing terrible around me that I know of. Even my shed stayed put. Thumbs up But it certainly has been wet and windy Oh my
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
12 of 39  Mon 10th Feb 2020 3:58pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2013  Total posts:455

For once (so far anyway), the weather up here on the Moray Coast has been lovely with just a bit of wind. Went for a walk yesterday in bright sunshine and today's the same. The west coast (Glasgow etc.) has had snow and very inclement weather so maybe ours is to come! Looking through the window out to sea and that's been calm as well! Edited by member, 10th Feb 2020 4:01 pm
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
13 of 39  Tue 11th Feb 2020 12:43pm  

ACHTUNG More on this as soon as I get to grips with the charts. UPDATE Storm Dennis, due to hit us on Saturday is still "embryonic", out in the Atlantic. So the precise details of wind strength & associated frontal systems are sketchy. Yes it will be windy, maybe gusts of forty mph. We might have a better idea by this time tomorrow.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
14 of 39  Wed 12th Feb 2020 2:39pm  

Afternoon all. Weather for tonight: After a largely dry, cloudy evening, showery rain will push across the region, turning heavier and more persistent through the early hours. Winds will also strengthen. Rain easing towards dawn. Minimum temperature 3 °C. Thursday: A showery picture for much of Thursday. Through the afternoon, it will become progressively drier with most places seeing some bright or perhaps sunny spells. Milder than recent days. Maximum temperature 9 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Mostly dry but cold Friday morning before rain arrives later on. Turning wet and very windy through Saturday with gales possible. Remaining unsettled Sunday with further rain and strong winds. Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Wed 12 Feb 2020
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
15 of 39  Fri 14th Feb 2020 4:50pm  

Hi all. A detailed weather forecast is totally irrelevant for this weekend, two words say wet & windy, one word says "Norrible". In comparison to last weekend's storm, we are being told a lot more rain. So, please lookout your colouring books & fill in the patterns & shapes. Or make an indoor rocket from an empty fairy liquid bottle.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 39 posts

Page 1 of 3

1 2 3
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

Dunlop
|

Next (newer) topic

Bayley Lane