Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action
3 posts:
Order:    

peterw

All posts by this member
1 of 3  Fri 15th Apr 2011 2:37pm  
Total posts:44

Hello all, my name is Peter Walduck, I was brought up in PERKINS STREET, which now apparently does not exist, I remember the old chemical factory Wyleys and Coventry Glass in Vine street. I went to Wheatley street school, in the 50s, one of our neighbours had a lad who was my "mate" as a young lad, his name was Gordon Waller or woller, anyone know him or indeed me, I would love to hear from anyone who was around there at the same time and remembers us, I have not heard from or about Gordon for must be 50 years. I am a pensioner now and live in Bletchley Bucks, where I moved with my work before retiring. In Wheatley Street in the 50s, there was Goodwins Flour and their vans were I think a dark or royal blue in colour and on the side was "Goodwins Extra Self Raising Flour", does anyone else remember them , or have a photo of their vans ? We lived at number 12 Perkins Street and my mother Vera used to sing on the stage at the social clubs, she has passed away now, but she was well known around "Cov" and Nuneaton. It would be great to hear from someone. You can e mail me as well if you wish, that would be good. Thank you. Peter. Mods note : Sadly, Peter passed away in 2012
Me and "Cov" **
Midland Red

All posts by this member
2 of 3  Sat 16th Apr 2011 9:23am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4272

Peter doesn't mention his involvement with the excellent CWK205 forum, devoted to all things Coventry Transport Welcome on this bus, Peter
Me and "Cov" **
peterw

All posts by this member
3 of 3  Sun 17th Apr 2011 6:27am  
Total posts:44

Good morning , thank you, yes CWK205 is coming along nicely, I didn't mention it at first because I did not know how we stood on here about mentioning other sites, but I believe a friend of mine has now put a link to "205" on here. Thanks again for your reply. Peter.
Me and "Cov" **

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

The Brook - River Arthur
|

Next (newer) topic

GEC Telephone Works - Gosford Street
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 66ms)