Next pageNo action
452 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
436 of 452  Sat 24th Oct 2020 10:45am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4398

Hi all, IMPORTANT. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION. I like most am hopeful for a satisfactory vaccine along with a workable distribution. The evidence points to the young to middle age groups as being the most effective immunisation folk, as we in the over sixties, our immune systems are a bit old hat. If the vaccine is effective in the working age groups, that would take the sting out of the pandemic bulk transmission, but it wouldn't entirely stop the infection. The vulnerable groups will always remain vulnerable. When reading statistics, we have to understand what they are saying. The vulnerable groups are defined as those with pre-conditions & age. One virus control expert stated that if the entire UK population was crammed into one building, like sardines, & then the entire building sprayed with the virus inside, many would still never succumb to the infection even with age or pre-conditions. Currently, I've no idea how susceptible I am or not to this virus. What I do know is that my vulnerability to virus & viral infections is my upper-gut. I had flu in 1998, which wrecked my career. It hardly touched my lungs. It wreaked havoc with my balance mechanism, labrynthitis. That I know is my susceptibility. There is a link between upper gut infections & inner ear infections. I'm fortunate not to have lost my hearing, but it did mess my vision. My motor car left my drive for the last time earlier this month.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
437 of 452  Fri 30th Oct 2020 9:02pm  

Hi all, A seriously worrying development is that the virus, has evolved into a variant, that researchers are calling a Spanish rebound. This lessens the effectiveness of any vaccine. Early days, but I'm hoping that the improvements in treatments, rather than relying on an all eggs in one basket vaccine. Edited by member, 30th Oct 2020 9:04 pm
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
438 of 452  Sat 31st Oct 2020 12:15pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3707

A century ago a similar disease spread around many European countries, killing millions - a deadly enemy of the human body. They did not have the equipment or knowledge of today, nor did they have the means of telling the public, as they do today. I believe it died out after a few years. Obviously parents of the twenties were as scared as we are today - for some reason, even the poorest put cod liver oil and malt on their shopping list first before they put food. As soon as I could eat, I was made to have a spoonful last thing at night, as did every kid in my family, tightly watched by my mum. Every autumn since I have taken a spoonful every night - I have never had the flu that my immune system couldn't handle within a couple of days, neither have my family as far as I can remember. Never had a flu jab, can't remember the last time I had the symptoms, but doctors of today don't wish to treat me for other things that have no connection with virus spreading disease because of this. Just a tale of yesteryear.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
439 of 452  Sat 31st Oct 2020 11:40pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:788

Earlier today, the headlines in the times, "National lockdown looms", confirmed my anticipation of a few weeks ago that another lockdown was on the cards. I didn't get home quickly enough today, so the news and government have pipped me to it. Lockdown from next Thursday.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
440 of 452  Sun 1st Nov 2020 3:21am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3567

Slim, everyone must be extra, extra, cautious from now on so all of you on the Forum and families - 'Do take care and stay well.' Wave
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
441 of 452  Sun 1st Nov 2020 12:34pm  

The daft thing is, colleges and universities will remain open, unlike the last time. It's the youngsters that are spreading it the most, according to official figures. At one of our local university campuses, there were over 200 students tested positive at the last count! Roll eyes
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
442 of 452  Wed 4th Nov 2020 5:58pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2435

If you rely on home delivery, Christmas slots have gone like hotcakes at Morrisons so if you need one, get online and book if there are any left. For other supermarkets keep your eyes peeled for release of slots. Doesn't matter what you put in the trolley, just make the minimum and change later. Rules for Tesco, M&S and Asda
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
443 of 452  Thu 5th Nov 2020 5:53am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3567

Here you are Helen, just to take your minds off the present crisis. Maybe you could place it in its proper thread for me. I couldn't find Bonfire Night.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
444 of 452  Thu 5th Nov 2020 9:32am  

Hi all, Another prevention measure is dental care. Tooth paste contains antibacterial stuff which remains active for several hours, the mouth, throat & nose all benefitting. So my best efforts also include facial mask when in company, hand care, sensible distancing, along with a dose of outdoor vitamin D. Yesterday, in spite of the early frost, sat in our Janet & John seat, in direct sunlight, it was very warm. I even took Pam's exercise wheels out & did some pedalling.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
445 of 452  Sat 7th Nov 2020 12:24am  

David Attenborough states, in his latest book A Life on Our Planet, that "an estimated 1.7 million viruses of potential threat to humans hide within populations of mammals and birds".
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Disorganised1
Coventry
All posts by this member
446 of 452  Sun 8th Nov 2020 2:14pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2012  Total posts:263

I eat as many animals as I can, can't let these vegans allow us all to be killed! However the word potential gives this away as just another scare story. They also have the potential to strengthen us against other diseases. Viruses are the most common form of life on earth, and our bodies have been dealing with them ever since we've been around. The "logic" of the vaccine. Elderly people have weaker immune systems and so respond less well to vaccines, therefore let's vaccinate young people who will have no symptoms and will probably fight the virus off on their own. How many billions are they spending to protect people who don't need protection?
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
447 of 452  Mon 9th Nov 2020 2:38pm  

Some more slots have been released by Morrisons for Christmas week.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Slim
Another Coventry kid
All posts by this member
448 of 452  Wed 18th Nov 2020 9:35am  

Heard the latest? "Coronavirus was present in Italy months before its outbreak is known to have started, according to new research. Scientists have found Covid-19 antibodies in blood samples from as early as September last year." So maybe China can't be blamed, as Trump is doing. Maybe we'll never know its true origin. Like the Whitechapel murderer. How many books have been written with titles like The identity of Jack the Ripper, by Donald Mccormick, all naming different people.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
449 of 452  Wed 18th Nov 2020 9:47am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3707

Watched a great programme called 'The Plague' last night on Channel 5, real history. There’s more to come.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
450 of 452  Wed 18th Nov 2020 9:50am  

No, it just means that China was covering it up longer than they admit to. Plus they had the same problem with asymptomatic cases we did. The genetic pattern of the disease relates most closely to that in Chinese bats. China was the first country to have high numbers of deaths. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and you found it on the duck pond it isn't an Argentinian Racing Pigeon.
Coronavirus - COVID-19

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 436 to 450 of 452 posts

Page 30 of 31

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 . 27 28 29 30 31
Next pageNo action

Previous (older) topic

Alfred John New
|

Next (newer) topic

Keresley County Infants Springfield School