No actionNo action
289 posts:
Order:    

PeterB
Mount Nod
All posts by this member
286 of 289  Tue 13th Jun 2017 7:19pm  
Member: Joined May 2014  Total posts:111

Four of the six cygnets at the Swanswell. This is the first set of cygnets at the Swanswell that I'm aware of. Peter.
Coventry out and about
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
287 of 289  Wed 14th Jun 2017 1:15am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2898

I just have to thank you for that photo PeterB, Thank you. Thumbs up
Coventry out and about
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
288 of 289  Sat 28th Oct 2017 1:40pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3865

Hi all Wave JUST BEING CYNICAL ************************** How we perceive an issue can vary so much, depending on our mood, whether we have just been reading the Financial Times or Private Eye. Well I never! Some folk take their best togs out of their wardrobe, stuff it into bags & then cart it around so as to see a new view, a different blade of grass or whatever. They call it a holiday. You know, the queues at airports kind of thing. By the way, thank you Peter, for posting the article about the train missing or overshooting Bedworth railway station. I bet that wasn't on the latest Thompson holiday gazette news, hey! I shouldn't be so cynical, as my Pam enjoys a few days away now & again, probably to get away from me. It has been a few years since I have stayed away from home on holiday, simply because I so enjoy seeing what is on our doorstep. I have enjoyed a few trips further afield, but they are more often than not, offers from senior railcards. They have included trips all over England & Wales, but I am usually back home the same day. The pictures below, I asked friends to tell me where they are from. One said the Lake District, another said The Broads. Well, actually they are from this map. Just a twenty minute bus ride from Dorridge railway station. We change the clocks back tonight, so the days for long walks out in the sticks maybe a bit limited as we head into winter, but I have the sweetest memories of visiting Earlswood Lakes just a few weeks ago. Yes, I do have the advantage of being able to use my free to use bus-pass, on the trains too inside the West Midlands area, but anyone can buy a train, bus & tram day-tripper ticket that costs less than £7, or better still the family version, two adults plus up to two children. I have a list longer than my arm of places to visit during winter. No togs stuffed into bags, a variety of ways to come home, when I want to come home. It doesn't get much better. Cheers
Coventry out and about
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
289 of 289  Sat 28th Oct 2017 1:47pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2898

Thanks Philip, it's like another world dreaming across the water there. Wave
Coventry out and about

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 286 to 289 of 289 posts

Page 20 of 20

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 16 17 18 19 20
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Caludon Castle School
|

Next (newer) topic

New Street
View similar topics in the Public Transport and Travel category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 83ms)