No actionNo action
5 posts:
Order:    

JamesF
Kent
All posts by this member
1 of 5  Tue 20th Mar 2012 3:47pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2012  Total posts:2

Hello I'm new to the forum so apologies in advance if I get this message wrong! I am trying to contact a Mr George Hilditch who ran a scrap metal dealership in Coventry in the 1950s (and beyond). The reason I am trying to get hold of him, or a relative, is that I currently own a car he once owned. My car is a Jaguar XK120 registration PCR379 and Mr Hilditch purchased it from Mike Salmon (the racing driver) in 1956/1957. I am trying to research my car's history and the one big gap I have is its time in Coventry with Mr Hilditch. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has his contact details or any relevant information I would be very grateful! Many thanks James
George Hilditch - Jaguar XK120
NormK
bulkington
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Tue 20th Mar 2012 5:16pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2012  Total posts:854

Yes you have the right bloke here, I worked for George for nearly 40 years. I am not sure if he will want me to give contact details but I will ask him next time we speak. I don't remember seeing the car, it was before my time with him but I know he used to own a Jag. I hope this is of some help, James.
Milly rules

JamesF
Kent
All posts by this member
3 of 5  Tue 20th Mar 2012 6:13pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2012  Total posts:2

Dear NormK Many thanks for your reply and for offering to speak to George - it would be great to talk to him if he is happy. I can share some more recent history of the car and provide up to date photos of it if he would be interested. Many thanks again, James P.S. Have left you a message in your inbox too (with my contact details) as I've had problems posting this response!
georgehilditch
Nuneaton
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Fri 23rd Mar 2012 1:09pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2012  Total posts:1

James, Message sent to your Inbox George
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Fri 23rd Mar 2012 2:57pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1553

Welcome to the forum George! Wave It's really nice to see a resolution like this. Maybe you and James can let us know how everything goes? Cheers

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Howes School
|

Next (newer) topic

John Blakemore - Coventry photographer
View similar topics in the Coventry People category