No actionNo action
17 posts:
Order:    

rufford155
Lytham UK and Madeira
All posts by this member
16 of 17  Wed 6th Nov 2019 6:19pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2019  Total posts:10

Definitely Methodist Central Hall. My parents were married there as were my mother's siblings, I attended at least two of their weddings in short trousers. Later in my teens, I used to go to a weekly youth club there.
Central Hall
Dr Phil 1949 to 1956
Ware Herts
All posts by this member
17 of 17  Thu 7th Nov 2019 10:52am  
Member: Joined Oct 2019  Total posts:29

Hi rufford155. Hope you are well? My goodness, Central Hall youth club! I was a member several years before I left for Leeds University in ‘56. My friend Malcom Simpson who I was at KHVIII with (year ‘49) persuaded me to join, and from then on it was the highlight of my week! Girls, table tennis and snooker - couldn't get enough! There I met Bryan Meads who became a very good friend, we played together in the Bible Class League for the Central Hall football team with some success. I even got a mention in the Coventry Evening Telegraph as "W**** Scores 3". But it was the girls who were the main attraction; Sandra Hatton, Pat Hooper, Gill Blantern, Marilyn Jones, Margaret White, Paula Preston - I remember them well. I think Rev Plant was the organiser and I am sorry to say not a patch on the Rev Minshull who was a star on Sundays. Happy Days! Edited by member, 7th Nov 2019 10:57 am
cov

Central Hall

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 17 of 17 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Record and music shops in the city
|

Next (newer) topic