No actionNo action
6 posts:
Order:    

TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 6  Tue 15th May 2012 8:24am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1546

It has been announced this morning that Coventry band "The Enemy" have cancelled their forthcoming live concerts in the Cathedral ruins next week due to fears for the public's Health & Safety. Their manager explained this covered things like sound limits, fire exits(?) and road closures. It appears - at this late stage - that the band is either unable or unwilling to meet the City Councils requirements. Surely these sort of things would have been known to be an issue prior the original announcement by the promoters. They are apparently moving the concerts to The Kasbah in Hillfields (don't even get flapdoodle started on that! Wink ) - although some are saying on the radio this morning that they wonder how the venue can have two free dates to stage such an event at this short notice, and maybe the whole thing has just been a publicity stunt. I wonder how it could ever have been considered for the ruins anyway - especially with the structural issues that have been recently discovered there.
Coventry Band 'The Enemy'
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
2 of 6  Tue 15th May 2012 8:49am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3887

Hi Tony, Hi all Wave I am sad too. Sad The expression that comes into my mind is "Cold Feet". I wonder if this is a Coventry expression? Wave
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
3 of 6  Tue 15th May 2012 5:32pm  

On 15th May 2012 8:49am, PhilipInCoventry said: ...The expression that comes into my mind is "Cold Feet"...
I think that sounds like another band! Smile
Elaine
Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 6  Wed 23rd May 2012 6:43pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2011  Total posts:68

This made me laugh just now - from the CET article about the University not holding their annual ball in the ruins quote - We need all the money we can get at the moment to get the crack sorted so these events would have certainly helped. Oh my
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 6  Wed 6th Apr 2016 6:53pm  

Coventry Band "The Enemy" have announced tonight that they are splitting up. They have been together for ten years and have had four number ones. They will perform six "farewell" gigs.
Old Lincolnian
Coventry
All posts by this member
6 of 6  Thu 7th Apr 2016 12:13pm  
Off-topic / chat  

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Sir Thomas White's Orphanage
|

Next (newer) topic

IRA Broadgate Bomb 1939
View similar topics in the Sport, Music and Leisure category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 208ms)