No actionNo action
4 posts:
Order:    

LdeMain
Nuneaton, Warks
All posts by this member
1 of 4  Sun 20th May 2012 11:11pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2011  Total posts:36

My daughter (age 4) is always asking to go on an 'adventure' so today we decided to make it a Coventry adventure. Although I work at the University I rarely have the time to explore. We started at the Herbert and it was a huge success, it is perfect for children, we spent 3 hours in there and only left because it was closing. Looking at the wonderful galleries makes me very proud to be a Coventrian! The Sky Blues exhibition is really great too, reminded me of some really great times. The whole building was very busy and it was wonderful to see so many people interested in the history of our city. Our 20 month old son is dinosaur mad so we will be going back in July to see the new exhibition ... We then followed part of the city trail and spent some time in the Cathedral ruins, Scarlett was fascinated - its was very educational too, though we did have to convince her that we wouldn't be 'bombed' when she asked what she should do if she hears the air raid siren at night. I also looked at Drapers Hall with much more interest following the recent post on here. I would love to go inside. No need to reply, I just wanted to share with you my new found enthusiam for our city since I started visitng this site! Leanne Smile
Mini Coventry 'Adventure'
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
2 of 4  Mon 21st May 2012 2:36am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3210

Good Morning Leanne, How lovely to be able to go on an adventure with your daughter as you do. Mine have all grown now and flown the nest, however I do go adventuring more so now via google earth and I am able to travel for miles in Coventry and visit areas I have never been before also learn a lot too from all the forum members of places of interest. I hope your daughter will be able to use this forum when she is old enough as we all do. She will benefit immensely. Wave
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 4  Mon 21st May 2012 10:17am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4112

Hi & thank you Wave I loved this! Wave Thumbs up
mayjan
Green Lane,Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 4  Mon 21st May 2012 4:05pm  
Member: Joined Oct 2010  Total posts:258

Hi Leanne It sounds as if you had a lovely time with your daughter. I have spent many happy times with my grandchildren in the city centre. They loved looking around the Herbert and the Transport Museum. The Cathedral ruins and the New Cathedral they found facinating. I took one of my grandsons to the Cathedral a few months after my husband passed away. It was very moving to see him light a candle for his grandad, his own idea. I can picture him now bowing his little head and saying a prayer, he was only six at the time. Of course every trip into town had to be ended with a trip to McDonalds, can't stand the place myself, but we love to spoil our grandchildren. Thumbs up Smile

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Jean Field
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry walks
View similar topics in the Local History and Heritage category