No actionNo action
20 posts:
Order:    

Anne Hills
France
All posts by this member
16 of 20  Thu 2nd Feb 2017 7:43pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2017  Total posts:3

I was Anne Whitmore back in the 60's and also went to Bremond College. Remember well Madame Marash and Sir, and of course Mrs Daniels who always had it in for those of us that had come from Africa, Valerie Banks, and Lucretia Jeronides. All these memories take you back!!! Anne Edited by member, 2nd Feb 2017 7:48 pm
Anne Hills

Bremond College
Anne Hills
France
All posts by this member
17 of 20  Thu 2nd Feb 2017 7:50pm  

On 26th Feb 2015 9:52pm, Dillotford said: I always remember that my French text book at junior school was written by the Principal of Bremond College, Presumably that would had been Madam Marash.
From what I remember Ann Gould was the head girl at the time - she went on I believe to become an MP!
Anne Hills

Bremond College
Anne Hills
France
All posts by this member
18 of 20  Thu 2nd Feb 2017 7:53pm  

Madam Marash was German but I seem to remember she managed to put me off French very successfully. How on earth did I land up living in France!! Anne
Anne Hills

Bremond College
zany
Devon
All posts by this member
19 of 20  Fri 12th May 2017 12:47pm  
Member: Joined May 2017  Total posts:1

Responding to Anne Hills. I went to Bremond in the late 50s early 60s but only for about 2 years. My name then was Hilary Collins. The story I was told about Madam and Sir was; she was one of the daughters of the Bass Beer group and eloped with Sir, who was Austrian and the family bought the school for her before the war. I can remember one music class, when someone clipped a piece of string with a lighted!! piece of paper to the skirt of the music teacher!! It certainly was a bizarre place.
h. m .cupit

Bremond College
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
20 of 20  Mon 15th May 2017 3:07pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:4195

Some snippets from years gone by Thumbs up Coventry Evening Telegraph - Thursday 30 March 1939 BREMOND COLLEGE SPEECH DAY Miss S. W. Michell on Risk of Mechanised Thinking Miss S. W. Michell, headmistress of Stoke Park Secondary School, presented the prizes and certificates at Bremond College’s fifth annual speech day yesterday. Councillor J. Holt, presiding, stressed the necessity for the right atmosphere in a school and also spoke of the fine work which was being done for higher education in Coventry. In her report, the Principal (Mrs. J. G. Marsh) [sic] described the rapid growth of the school and asked for greater co-operation. She emphasised the importance of keeping girls at school until they had at least taken the School Certificate. Indiscriminate use of wireless, newspapers, and cinemas, said Miss Michell, could only lead to mechanised thinking and a lessening of appreciation for the beautiful. Girls at school were trained to think and appreciate beauty. ________________________________________________________ Coventry Evening Telegraph - Saturday 26 August 1939 BREMOND COLLEGE EVACUATION Bremond College (for Girls) will, in the event of war, move to HILL TOP COURT, PENMAENMAWR, NORTH WALES. For particulars apply the Principal: (Mrs.) J. G. MARASH, M.A. 'Phone Cov. 67224 ________________________________________________________ Coventry Evening Telegraph - Saturday 2 December 1939 BREMOND COLLEGE BREMOND COLLEGE IS RE-OPENING IN COVENTRY Spring Term Starts 18th January, 1940. Full particulars from The Principal, Bremond College, Glyn Garth Palace, Garth, Anglesey, North Wales. ________________________________________________________ Coventry Evening Telegraph - Monday 3 April 1944 Bremond College Speech Day "When we had cleared up after November 14-15 we had seven children left. To-day we have a full school of 130 children and a long waiting list,” said the Principal (Mrs. J. G. Marash) reviewing the progress of Bremond College at the first wartime speech day held at Coventry Technical College on Saturday afternoon. The school has just celebrated its tenth anniversary. Last year its first pupil passed the Northern Joint Board higher school certificate, and its first pupil entered an honours degree course at Birmingham University.
Bremond College

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Wyken Slough
|

Next (newer) topic

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club
View similar topics in the Schools and Education category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 48ms)