Next pageNo action
608 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
586 of 608  Sat 5th Jun 2021 8:07am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3504

I might get the "hang" of this one day. Not the laundry, been doing that for three years. It's doing so little. Even that is easy when Pam bought me a new big drum washing machine last year. No tinkywinky thing for me.
Our Philip and Pam
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
587 of 608  Sat 5th Jun 2021 10:57am  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2527

Watch out. When I was in need of stimulus I ended up here. Oh my I'd suggest you return the favour by joining one of Warrington's forums on the fascinating history of the town... but as our bid for City of Culture explained - we haven't any culture but bung us some money and we'll get some. Good morning Philip Wave
Our Philip and Pam
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
588 of 608  Sun 6th Jun 2021 7:11am  

Hi all, & good morning Helen, I'm off to chapel this morning, the first visit since lockdown in the Spring of 2020. The chapel in the meantime has been open with restrictions when it has been legal to do so, but my fulltime carer duty, meant that Pam & I watched on tele. I'm very grateful for MR, sorting our weather topic out. It doesn't hurt anyone to have a rest or break from a routine, rather than hogging an office, quite apart from circumstances. Thank you. Someone hogging an office always brought suspicions of hide & seek going on. The nature of my finance career has left stains on me, like I tend to be judgemental which is horrible. Please help to value our forum. We can share in conversation just as though we are together over a cuppa. There's nothing inked in yet regards Pam's funeral arrangements, it may be a Nuneaton crematorium appointment, with a church thanksgiving service & meal, provisional date announced for when lockdown free so that all are welcome. These are strange times, but we work through them. Currently, it's not set number restrictions, it's two metre apart spacing, which does severely restrict attendant numbers. It's so nice being amongst friends on here, able share what hasn't been signed & sealed. Hopefully, we all get the picture. I will curtail these random jottings from Grogley Maltings. Wishing you all a very happy Sunday. It's starting to look a bit different here.
Our Philip and Pam
walrus
cheshire
All posts by this member
589 of 608  Sun 6th Jun 2021 11:01am  
Member: Joined Dec 2011  Total posts:220

Philip. I know that at this time you have countless things to think about but I have a piece of practical advice for you. You mentioned that Pam's funeral might be in Nuneaton. My parents passed away during this last six months, Mum in December and Dad in February. They lived in Wheelwright Lane not far from you and both funerals were at the Heart of England crem. Covid regulations allow for a maximum of 30 people inside the chapel so there were many people outside, some of whom had travelled long distances to attend. This meant that the video and audio link was very important to us. Unfortunately we were told after each service that the link was down which was distressing and, frankly, annoying. These things are very important for us so I would advise you to ask the funeral directors to emphatically assure you that, wherever the service is held, a link is operational so that those outside can be included. The link also provides a permanent record of the occasion which might provide a little comfort later. If moderators feel this post is not appropriate please delete. Edited by member, 6th Jun 2021 11:01 am
Our Philip and Pam
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
590 of 608  Sun 6th Jun 2021 1:25pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3411

Walrus I hope I'm not prying into your life, but I believe your post holds much sadness for me, for a number of years your mother and I were in the same class room, often sitting in desks near each other. Over those times we shared a lot of laughter and sadness together, and my grandfather lived a few doors away from her family. I believe on occasions we looked at each other through gasmasks of all things, that caused much amusement. Yes, part of my school life. I do hope your not offended, for it would ruin some happy memories. Kaga.
Our Philip and Pam
walrus
cheshire
All posts by this member
591 of 608  Sun 6th Jun 2021 1:40pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2011  Total posts:220

Kaga. Thank you for your kindness. My Mum, Della, also held many happy memories of Grange Road, Ash Green and Keresley village. I'm so glad you were there to share them. Mum had a very large family and, in the early days, a hard life. Fortunately the family were able, when we were older, to give her both the material and emotional comfort she so deserved. She was a marvellous woman. There were some 150 plus people outside the chapel as well as those lining the main road when we left the house. We were all so proud. That is why I took the liberty of advising Philip about the video link, it was very important for us. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Our Philip and Pam
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
592 of 608  Sun 6th Jun 2021 1:43pm  

Hi to you both & thank you. That is partly why, the crematorium service is a token for the cremation, the thanksgiving service with meal for all will be announced with a provisional date. Numbers have changed to two metre distancing, which for average family gatherings at the crem, is over forty. These are difficult times, but we will overcome them.
Our Philip and Pam
NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
593 of 608  Mon 7th Jun 2021 10:09am  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:2775

Hi Philip - apols I have been off the forum for a few days so only just seen your sad news. My condolences to you - you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. We are all here if needed.
Our Philip and Pam
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
594 of 608  Tue 8th Jun 2021 6:16am  

Hi all, Thank you Neil, you have nothing to apologise for, except for being so kind. Pam's funeral, times & dates are, Wednesday, 23rd June, due at Heart of England Crematorium, (Nuneaton) at 11am. Current Covid restrictions are very severe, even if they are relaxed we have a provisional date that will be announced for early September, where we shall hold a thanksgiving service & meal with free access for all, at our local chapel. That will be a joyous occasion. Pamela hated events where some are included, others not. That was never Pam. The funeral cortege, will travel from our home, passing her surgery where she spent nearly thirty seven years, caring for folk. That allows so many folk the opportunity to take part, avoiding the Covid attendance restrictions.
Our Philip and Pam
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
595 of 608  Tue 8th Jun 2021 7:53am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2350

Philip, I was very pleased to read your above post, more so as I will be there in mind and spirit on Pam's day, as I am sure many of us will. You are coping very well, so keep strong and take care. Smile
Our Philip and Pam
Mick Strong
Coventry
All posts by this member
596 of 608  Thu 10th Jun 2021 8:43am  
Member: Joined Oct 2020  Total posts:452

Hi Philip. Not been around much these last few weeks, logged on this morning and I was so sorry to read your sad news. Take great care. Regards Mick
Mick Strong

Our Philip and Pam
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
597 of 608  Sun 13th Jun 2021 7:23am  

Hi all, Hi Helen, It is such a complex scenario at present. It's not just a "High" versus a "Low". It's umpteen of each undertowing on each other. Next Wednesday & Thursday might be days for a brolly, without a metal spike on top. I am so enjoying my duty break, but I'm still keeping my eye on the charts out of intrigue, as it is such a learning curve. I'm looking forward to resuming duty, but am so grateful for the break for the time being. Some folk manage a sad loss, by ploughing on, keeping busy as though nothing had happened. Whilst I have enjoyed drama, I cannot pretend that nothing has happened, that has turned my world upside down, but I'm increasingly at total peace about my loss & I am very well provided. Other members of our family & friends, may not be so, that's my real concern & where my thought time is focused on. Carry on HCF. Love, Philip
Our Philip and Pam
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
598 of 608  Sun 13th Jun 2021 1:58pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2350

Good Evening Philip, All credit to you, you are being strong for yourself and for your family at this special time. As always thinking of others too.
Our Philip and Pam
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
599 of 608  Mon 14th Jun 2021 7:50am  

Hi Dreamtime, Hi all, I'm as weak as dishwater, really Dreamtime, but totally sustained. I'm pragmatic with most things in life, accepting what is fact or inevitable. Most couples unless a tragedy strikes them both, at some point become single. Certainly toward the end, when both Pam & I were aware of the likely scenario, we made sure that in our hearts we were right with each other, with no animosity towards anyone, no matter what. Our family scenario is no different to anyone else's, including the Royal Family. Family meeting evening today, then finalizing funeral arrangements. Keep safe all.
Our Philip and Pam
Suitably Chastised
The beautiful Staffordshire Moorlands
All posts by this member
600 of 608  Mon 14th Jun 2021 9:03am  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:208

Beautifully put Philip, your words stopped me in my tracks. Bless you for your sharing that.
Our Philip and Pam

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 586 to 600 of 608 posts

Page 40 of 41

1 2 3 4 5 .... 10 .... 15 .... 20 .... 25 .... 30 .... 35 . 37 38 39 40 41
Next pageNo action

Previous (older) topic

John Oakley
|

Next (newer) topic

You are at the most recent topic