No actionNo action
5 posts:
Order:    

roseaoakwood
North Carolina USA
All posts by this member
1 of 5  Tue 26th Jul 2011 4:16pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2011  Total posts:30

When I was at infants' school I participated in a children's choir made up from Coventrywide schoolchildren. The choir rehearsed at the Coventry School of Music, conducted by Peter Isherwood and gave a carol concert in the Methodist Central Hall. It would have been 1967/8/9 ish. I was wondering whether anyone out there has a more precise memory of the actual date, as I want to contact the Coventry Evening Telegraph's archive to get a photograph of the choir that appeared on the centre pages. Thank you for your attention.
Children's choir, 1960s
slash1
northampton
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Sat 30th Aug 2014 7:21pm  
Member: Joined Apr 2011  Total posts:140

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I was in a choir at the Coventry School of Music, in mid to late 50's and can find nothing about it.
Children's choir, 1960s
Prof
Gloucester
All posts by this member
3 of 5  Sat 30th Aug 2014 7:37pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:461

I was in a children's choir of the 50's with others from Folly Lane (Gosford Park) School at the Methodist Central Hall. It was connected with Road Safety awareness.
Children's choir, 1960s
Benthall-kid
Nuneaton
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Fri 1st May 2015 11:04am  
Member: Joined May 2015  Total posts:10

Hi roseaoakwood I remember practicing at the Coventry School of Music with a Mr Isherwood. I was about 8 or 9 I think (making that 1967 or 68) and I went to Longford Park Infant & Junior School. My mum had to buy me a white shirt and a red tie (elasticated!) to match the other choir members. I'm pretty sure the event (at least the one I participated in) took place at the auditorium in the Butts Technical college. PS I remember it being dark and wet so it must have been wintertime Edited by member, 1st May 2015 11:06 am
Children's choir, 1960s
Belleseb
Leicestershire
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Mon 22nd Jun 2015 2:37pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2015  Total posts:1

Hi. Nice to reminisce about the choir. I was in the choir between 1976 and 1981. I remember Peter Isherwood and David Stanier. We went to sing in Germany, Porta Westfalica and there was an album made with a photo of both choirs on the front. My husband was also in the orchestra who came with us. Did you go to Germany?
Children's choir, 1960s

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Highfield Road
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry's wells
View similar topics in the Schools and Education category