121 of 125  Tue 20th Apr 2021 6:30pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:1544

Earlsdon
argon
New Milton
All posts by this member
122 of 125  Tue 20th Apr 2021 7:18pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:338

Good one Prof, takes me back to the 70’s. My father opened the launderette there and I can remember it being fitted out.
Earlsdon
BrotherJoybert
Coventry
All posts by this member
123 of 125  Sun 9th May 2021 3:07pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:118

The "Summer of Sunflowers" mural at O'Toole's Cafe which is at the corner of Westwood Road / Earlsdon Avenue North. The envelope and message on torn note paper in the video are a tongue-in-cheek reference the cafe receiving something similar recently from a confused and possibly disturbed individual in relation to Ireland flags.
Earlsdon
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
124 of 125  Sun 9th May 2021 5:44pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3573

On 20th Apr 2021 6:30pm, Prof said:
Thank you Prof, Gosh, the memories. Friday night was music night at The Albany. Either Archie or I on piano, Harry on double base, Reg on tenor sax or clarinet. The pints on top of the piano, you could play a tune in them. Very light music, often starting with Friday Night is Music Night theme tune, always finished off with Bye Bye Blackbird. Pam & our Michael sometimes there, in the soft playroom upstairs. The Salvation Army often came in. No joke, total reverence as the barmaid would sing Amazing Grace. A beautiful voice. I saw tears in Reg's eyes once, as he was bending his notes to accompany the lady. He was the best tenor sax player that I've ever known. An ENSA player. He could bend any note into the next. Only a handful in the world can ever do that.
Earlsdon
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
125 of 125  Sun 9th May 2021 6:43pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3573

Oh if only. Can you imagine the delight of seeing & listening to the clips of Rob & his son Steve with their band playing at the Devon. I wanted to be there. That brought all my memories of the Albany flooding back. Then when my Michael practising at home with his band before he got married.
Earlsdon

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 121 to 125 of 125 posts

Page 9 of 9

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Beautiful Chaos - Coventry City Centre Video
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry Weather & Blether