No actionNo action
5 posts:
Order:    

NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 5  Sun 1st Jun 2014 4:55am  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:1979

Don't think this has been very well publicised but looks a good event all the same! Interesting to see Cox Street Race Track! (and Theatre One still seems to be standing!!) I'll look to try to pop down tomorrow once I've slept post night-shift, plenty of action on Sunday still. 2014 MotoFest
Coventry MotoFest, 2014
TonyS
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 5  Sun 1st Jun 2014 8:22am  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2011  Total posts:1571

Wow, thanks for that Neil - and great video from one of our own forum members! Not very well publicised? - I can't believe I've neither seen or heard anything about this event. And what are those strange things scattered all over Broadgate? Oh hang on, they're people! Just shows doesn't it?
Coventry MotoFest, 2014
flapdoodle
Coventry
All posts by this member
3 of 5  Sun 1st Jun 2014 1:01pm  
Member: Joined Nov 2010  Total posts:884

Shocking isn't it. You have things in a city centre - events, shops, restaurants, bars, etc - that people want to go to, and there are people there. Shame it's only once or twice a year.
Coventry MotoFest, 2014
BrotherJoybert
Coventry
All posts by this member
4 of 5  Tue 3rd Jun 2014 3:32pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:118

Thanks for sharing the video. Thumbs up Have to say a big well done to the organisers - for a first time festival on such a scale it was epic. Am sure it will be better advertised next year. Here is a slightly shorter video featuring clips from Sunday: 2014 MotoFest - Sunday
Coventry MotoFest, 2014
pcj-the
Holywell, Flintshire
All posts by this member
5 of 5  Thu 3rd Jul 2014 4:35pm  
Member: Joined Jul 2014  Total posts:2

Thanks for sharing the videos guys. I think the problem re advertising was that the team working on Motofest was very small and they all had other full-time jobs, with not a lot of financial backing either, so they were rushed off their feet trying to cover everything. For a first time effort it was very close to 100% spot on. Just better signboarding on the ring road for us strangers to actually find the display locations and more marshalls to "sweep" us in to them once we got close. My wife Linda and I attended the full 3 days from Chris Barrie's opening lecture to the Sunday parade laps and displays. It was hugely enjoyable and the format doesn't need much (if any) change for next year. The people of Coventry were extremely friendly and welcoming, many coming over to chat about their time working for Coventry's great car makers. We brought one of Coventry's finest back to her "build" home for Motofest: "Bagheera" our silver grey 1988 5.3 litre V12 Jaguar Sovereign series 3 saloon. She certainly got a lot of people asking about running such a beautiful machine. You can see her in the opening minute or so of Neil's video displayed on Broadgate (reg E722 LLO) parked next to the red and white Triumph Herald coupe. She is also briefly glimpsed on BrotherJoybert's video of the parade laps just behind the white Porsche 944 turbo. Can I ask a favour guys? Because we were taking part in the static displays and then in the Sunday parade laps we didn't get any pics and/or videos of Bagheera in action. Would it be possible to obtain copies of the 2 videos on here and could you ask anyone else who has pics/video of her if we could obtain a copy? Thanks Peter and Linda Jones
Coventry MotoFest, 2014

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

How Coventry are you?
|

Next (newer) topic

Diana Clayton - Hob Barn Cottage, Canley
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category