No actionNo action
50 posts:
Order:    

Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
46 of 50  Tue 4th Aug 2020 11:01am  
Member: Joined Jun 2013  Total posts:479

On 3rd Aug 2020 7:14pm, PeterB said: Hi Wearethemods, Admission to the Black Country Living Museum is by pre-booked ticket with entry time. Wigan is part of the northern lockdown. Hotels don't look like they are affected, but this could change. Take care & "Enjoy Summer Safely" Peter.
Hi Peter, thanks for the 'heads up' we haven't heard anything from the hotel at Wigan, but as you say things could change. I've already been trying to get tickets for the BCLM online.
Visiting Coventry
Dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
47 of 50  Sun 6th Sep 2020 2:51pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:239

Hi Wearethemods Thumbs up been waiting to hear how you went on with your trip to Coventry and Wigan with the lock-down. As you may know I cancelled my bookings for Premier Inn & Travelodge but I've started again, two this year, October and November that I can cancel up to 1pm. Some good bookings on just now - December, 5 days Christmas shopping, Coventry £116, July £144 in Coventry, both Thursday to Monday. I have booked, only thing with the new bookings you have to cancel before 28 days to get your money refunded, as before it was 1pm on arrival day, PS Keep it in same post. It's Mrs Dougie's 80 birthday this December, For anyone that remembers, she is still in contact with her long lost friend but not meeting up through the lockdown. Edited by member, 6th Sep 2020 3:07 pm

Question

Visiting Coventry
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
48 of 50  Tue 8th Sep 2020 10:05am  

Hi Dougie. Our trip went well, the Premier Inn at Wellingborough where we stayed for three nights didn't have air con and at 30 degrees in a small room was a tad stifling! The room at the Premier Inn, Belgrade Plaza, being a newish hotel, did and was a lot more comfortable for the three nights there. The Duty Manager gave us a tip about parking at the adjacent car park and that was to purchase a 7 Day ticket for £14. Because we were visiting family and friends using the facility 3/4 times daily it was the obvious (and a much cheaper option). Next time we'll know what to do! The Black Country Living Museum was very interesting and we will certainly go again when everything is open and the buses are running. We did sample the fish & chips, albeit we had to queue along the street! Our next stop was Belfast, (we had originally planned to fly from Birmingham back in March with Flybe) but had to change to Liverpool with EasyJet, primarily to visit the Titanic Museum. For the three days we were there it didn't stop raining and only pubs that sold food were open. Apparently it was against the law to enter premises for the purposes of having a drink only, however you could sit outside if they had a beer garden or suchlike! We ended up having a late lunch and evening meal in Wetherspoons! Our stop at Wigan on the return was for only one night and we didn't have a problem, that said we've just received a penalty charge for not paying a toll at the Mersey Gateway Bridge, which we knew nothing about! We didn't see any payment drive-throughs unlike the M6 Toll. Thumbs up
Visiting Coventry
Dougie
from Wigan
All posts by this member
49 of 50  Tue 8th Sep 2020 10:13pm  
Member: Joined Dec 2010  Total posts:239

Thanks for your reply Cheers Glad everything went well for you but a tip when booking, book a family room, say 2 adults & 1 child, bigger room and 3 beds. I've only just started to use the car park. Did you get to Wigan? Some good Travelodge places just out of town if you’re ever down this way.
Visiting Coventry
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
50 of 50  Wed 9th Sep 2020 10:43am  

Thanks for the tip, Dougie, will definitely do that next time! Our stop at Wigan was on the outskirts, Jct 27 M6. Will also consider Wigan next time for a stop on the way. This time we stopped at a Premier Inn at Penrith on the way down to break the journey up.
Visiting Coventry

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 46 to 50 of 50 posts

Page 4 of 4

1 2 3 4
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Hillfields
|

Next (newer) topic

Spon Street