No actionNo action
17 posts:
Order:    

Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
16 of 17  Sat 14th Nov 2020 1:05pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2599

Many of you will be familiar with this image but there are details you might not be aware of. The blue branch we can see today, right next to the east side of the waste disposal plant. It was probably more naturally curved before the railway was built. The yellow line is the London Road and beyond it the southern half of the cemetary, but the red line is the now dried up branch of the Sherbourne that used to serve Swift's Corner Mill. That was probably to the left of the scene. Just on the other side of the railway line there was a tangle of channels and on the western most one was another mill, possibly Liggin's Mill although I'm not 100% sure.
Water Mills
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
17 of 17  Wed 20th Jan 2021 1:02am  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2599

This is Naul's mill, looking south east. Forum library image I've been struggling to imagine the mill pond and the park pool as the same place... and now I find that it's not! Roll eyes The mill pond is higher up than the pool and at a different angle. The factory is in roughly the same place as the mill. There used to be a set of steps up from the pool towards Middleborough Road. This would have come out near the sluice on the left of the sketch.
Water Mills

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionPrevious page

Displaying 16 to 17 of 17 posts

Page 2 of 2

1 2
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Railways around Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry Hippodrome / Theatre