No actionNo action
48 posts:
Order:    

pageb45
Goderich, Ontario, Canada
All posts by this member
46 of 48  Mon 2nd Nov 2020 8:01pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:36

On 1st Nov 2020 12:46pm, Kimbo said: Ha ha. Its potency obviously faded somewhat, as I can report that Bev was definitely never afflicted by it. I sent mum the pic, and unbelievably she failed to recognise Dot at first (thought it was a girl she grew up next door to!) Ah well. I did identify her later and the penny dropped. TBF, she's nearly ninety and her eyesight is far from good...
Well, Kathy was probably the last victim of the curse, as succeeding girls seem to be immune. Oh my That said … As in most offices, certain personalities came to the fore to enliven the daily grind. One such character was Margaret – the food lady – a larger-than-life woman who trundled her refreshment cart down the corridor and visited every office room. Regular as clockwork when it was time for the morning and afternoon tea break, Margaret would open the door and, with a booming basso voce growl, announce, “Food!” This would get everyone’s attention and there would be a scramble to buy cups of tea, sandwiches and filled batches from this formidable vendor. Although sullen in appearance, Margaret had a keen sense of humour that she let slip once in a while. … Big grin Nice that your mother recognized Doris (given some prompting). Thumbs up
Coventry Climax
Mick Strong
Coventry
All posts by this member
47 of 48  Mon 7th Dec 2020 10:15am  
Member: Joined Oct 2020  Total posts:368

Did anyone stay on when it became Kalmar Climax?
Mick Strong

Coventry Climax
Kimbo
Leicestershire
All posts by this member
48 of 48  Sun 13th Dec 2020 9:54pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2012  Total posts:80

I'd been made redundant before Kalmar took over, but my good friend Paul Knight was still there (and until he moved to Jag in '88). Don't think he was over-enamoured, but then, the previous management (Lansing Bagnall/Emmanuel Kaye, basically) did the company no favours either. I was there when Kaye took over. Edited by member, 13th Dec 2020 9:55 pm
Coventry Climax

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 46 to 48 of 48 posts

Page 4 of 4

1 2 3 4
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Radio and TV - memories and favourites
|

Next (newer) topic

Woodlands School, Broad Lane