No actionNo action
12 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 12  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3893

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
Coventry Weather Bulletins
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 12  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:169

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 12  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 12  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1926

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 12  Wed 7th Feb 2018 9:04am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Dry, bright and cold today. Today: After a frosty start to the day, it will stay cold with some bright sunshine. The sunshine may turn a little hazier through the day but it will stay dry. Maximum temperature 3 °C. Tonight: Temperatures will fall away under clear spells at first allowing a sharp frost to develop. However, skies will turn a little cloudier towards the end of the night. Minimum temperature -4 °C. Thursday: It will be a cloudy and dry start to the day, however outbreaks of rain will move in through the day, perhaps with a few brighter spells in between. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Sunshine and a few wintry showers on Friday. Turning wet and windy on Saturday with some hill snow. Rain clearing to blustery wintry showers on Sunday and some bright spells. Updated: 00:45 on Wed 7 Feb 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 12  Thu 8th Feb 2018 4:56pm  

Special Bulletin, I do love me bulletins Cheers Coventry sits on the borderline of air masses, such that the weather folk cannot make up their minds on how much rain/sleet/snow may fall over the next eighteen hours. So expect anything but a heatwave.
Heathite
Coventry
All posts by this member
7 of 12  Thu 8th Feb 2018 5:41pm  
Member: Joined Aug 2012  Total posts:394

Hello Philip, thank you for the update - I wondered if there'd be one. A relative warned me of the possibility of snow tomorrow. But I thought I'd wait to see what our local forecaster had to say. Nevertheless it appears to remain a warning and not a certainty. We'll see Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 12  Fri 9th Feb 2018 10:02am  

Morning all Wave & hello Heathite. Thank you for your comment. The overnight rain has left us, (Coventry that is) in a northerly air stream, so anything that does fall today may be sleet or snow. Most of the showers are missing us at present, travelling north to south to the west of us. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Feeling cold today with wintry showers likely for some Today: A rather cloudy start with some outbreaks of sleet or snow. Becoming drier with plenty of sunshine into the afternoon but there remains a chance of a few snow showers. Feeling cold with a northwesterly breeze. Maximum temperature 5 °C. Tonight: Any showers will die away this evening and it will quickly turn cold under clear skies. A widespread frost is expected. Becoming cloudier in the west by dawn. Minimum temperature -4 °C. Saturday: Cloud and rain will quickly push in from the west through the morning and then persist for much of the day giving a damp, cloudy and grey feel. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Cold and breezy on Sunday and Monday with plenty of sunshine but also a few wintry showers. Cold on Tuesday with sleet likely at first but some sunshine later. Updated: 02:51 on Fri 9 Feb 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 12  Sun 11th Feb 2018 9:19am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Feeling very cold today, with sunshine and wintry showers. Today: A frosty and possibly icy start this morning, then a mix of sunshine and wintry showers. The showers will turn heavy at times, with some lying snow possibly across high ground. Feeling very cold, especially in the strong wind. Maximum temperature 5 °C. Tonight: Wintry showers tending to ease away overnight, leaving many parts dry and clear. Under the clear skies a widespread frost and some icy patches will develop. Remaining windy. Minimum temperature -4 °C. Monday: A cold and frosty start on Monday, but a drier and less cold day with plenty of sunshine and just a few showers. Winds also easing for a time. Maximum temperature 6 °C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: A band of rain, hill snow and strong winds moves eastwards Tuesday, with sunshine and showers following. Further wind and rain moves east on Wednesday, then sunshine and showers Thursday. Updated: 01:08 on Sun 11 Feb 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 12  Wed 14th Feb 2018 10:51am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: An unsettled day with rain and strong winds. Today: A dry start, perhaps with some early brightness in the east. However, quickly turning cloudy with outbreaks of rain, turning heavy in places. Windy for all, and feeling cold. Maximum temperature 7 °C. Tonight: Rain and strong winds will clear eastwards through the evening, allowing it to turn colder with clear spells. It will remain breezy with scattered showers arriving later in the night. Minimum temperature 2 °C. Thursday: Breezy on Thursday, but generally fine with plenty of sunny spells. The odd shower is possible through the day and it will feel cold, with a noticeable wind chill. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: A cold and frosty start on Friday, but dry with light winds and sunny spells. Some patchy rain early on Saturday, otherwise dry and bright. Perhaps cloudier on Sunday. Updated: 02:07 on Wed 14 Feb 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 12  Fri 16th Feb 2018 9:11am  

Morning all Wave Still cold, but a bright mostly sunny day in prospect today. Maybe a milkshake morning at Café Italia for me. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Early frost followed by a dry and sunny day. Today: After a frosty start, the West Midlands region will have a completely dry day with plenty of sunshine. High cloud will tend to build up during the afternoon, particularly over Shropshire and Staffordshire, making the sunshine appear rather hazy. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Tonight: After a cold, clear and dry evening, and an early frost, cloud will build up during the early hours. Light rain may reach Shropshire by the end of the night. Minimum temperature 0 °C. Saturday: Saturday morning will be cloudy with patches of light rain or drizzle but very little wind. Any rain will clear by midday, leaving an increasingly bright afternoon. Maximum temperature 8 °C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: The following days look like being rather cloudy with light winds and a little rain or drizzle at times. It will be relatively mild initially, but perhaps colder by Tuesday. Updated: 03:23 on Fri 16 Feb 2018 GMT
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
12 of 12  Sun 18th Feb 2018 9:14am  

Morning all Wave . Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Largely cloudy with some rain and drizzle later. Today: A largely cloudy day for most, with hill fog, mist and murk developing through the day, along with some light rain or drizzle at times. However, a few brighter breaks are possible in any shelter. Staying mild. Maximum temperature 10 °C. Tonight: Further low cloud, mist and hill fog is expected with outbreaks of rain and drizzle throughout the night. Staying frost-free. Minimum temperature 5 °C. Monday: Largely cloudy once again, with outbreaks of rain or drizzle in most places and extensive hill fog. However, a few brighter spells are possible later in the afternoon. Mild. Maximum temperature 11 °C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: A cloudy start Tuesday, with further drizzle, but probably drier and brighter later. Wednesday and Thursday will stay dry and occasionally bright, but will become colder with widespread overnight frost. Updated: 01:50 on Sun 18 Feb 2018 GMT

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Whitefriars Monastery
|

Next (newer) topic

Coventry City FC (Sky Blues)
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 17th December 2017  (Load time: 62ms)