No actionNo action
14 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 14  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4025

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
Coventry Weather & Blether
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 14  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:183

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 14  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 14  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2213

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 14  Mon 28th May 2018 10:26am  

Hi all Wave This is in my opinion the best weather tool to use for anywhere in the UK. Rain Radar.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 14  Fri 29th Jun 2018 8:39am  

Morning all Wave HCF outside broadcast unit.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 14  Fri 6th Jul 2018 10:29am  

Morning all Wave I have changed the title on our weather topic. Please feel free to contribute to our weather discussion. Whilst I will continue to post regular updates regards the latest weather scenarios for Coventry, hopefully for the benefit of our local Coventry members, it also puts folks from anywhere in the picture. Please don't be afraid to post what is happening where you are weather-wise.
Heathite
Coventry
All posts by this member
8 of 14  Sat 28th Jul 2018 11:59am  
Member: Joined Aug 2012  Total posts:472

Hi Philip, thank you for the radar links - the radar graphic is easy to understand get a very good insight with what we might expect.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 14  Sun 12th Aug 2018 8:45pm  

Evening all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Heavy thundery showers easing overnight. Drier and Brighter tomorrow. Humid. This Evening and Tonight: Heavy showers across western areas gradually easing through the evening, with some drier, clearer spells to end the night. Meanwhile, an increased risk of heavy showers developing further east overnight. Minimum temperature 13°C. Monday: After a cloudy start it will gradually brighten up with sunny spells developing for most. However, there may be a few heavy and possibly thundery showers in the east. Humid. Maximum temperature 23°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Dry and increasingly warm and humid Tuesday and Wednesday. A band of heavy rain will move southeast overnight into Thursday, clearing to cooler, fresher and showery conditions for the afternoon. Updated: 15:12 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 14  Wed 15th Aug 2018 6:56am  

Morning all Wave No bacon butty today as I have an early hospital appointment. Hopefully to be signed off. Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Some bright spells on Wednesday, otherwise rather cloudy. Today: Wednesday will be mostly dry, with some brighter spells, and a few places may see some sunshine. It will be breezy and we could see some rain reaching more northern and western areas later in the day. Maximum temperature 25°C. Tonight: A cloudy night is in store across the region with rain gradually pushing southeastwards as the night goes on and this will be heavy in places. Brisk winds throughout. Minimum temperature 13°C. Wednesday: Rain should clear southeastwards by around midday leaving a bright day with some sunny spells and a chance of a shower or two for the afternoon. Feeling rather fresh. Maximum temperature 21°C. Outlook for Thursday to Saturday: Friday starting bright and dry before turning cloudier later with a chance of some light rain. Largely dry and bright on Saturday. Sunday windier with a chance of showery rain. Updated: 03:24 on Wed 15 Aug 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 14  Thu 16th Aug 2018 10:49am  

Special Bulletin. Wave The overnight rain is clearing, leaving us with a mostly dry scenario. No significant rain on the horizon either for several days. Temperatures near to normal, with generally light winds. That sounds nearly perfect. Have a good day all Cheers
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
12 of 14  Thu 16th Aug 2018 1:11pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:3091

Hope all went well yesterday for you Philip as well as the nice weather again. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
13 of 14  Fri 17th Aug 2018 8:19am  

Hi all, & thank you Dreamtime Wave I am clear thank you. Haven't felt as good as now for at least a decade, even food tastes better. Just as well as it is fish & chip day today, during my venture into the wilderness. Meeting up with folks near to Earlswood lakes at lunchtime. Hope you ok. Anyway, on with the Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Dry and sunny this morning. Cloudier later. Today: After a chilly start, there will be plenty of sunshine in the morning. It will tend to cloud over during the afternoon though, particularly in Shropshire and Staffordshire, but the whole region will stay dry. Maximum temperature 20°C. Tonight: Skies will cloud over this evening and it will become quite breezy. However, rain isn't expected and it will stay warmer than it did on Thursday night. Minimum temperature 15°C. Saturday: After a cloudy start, warm sunny spells will develop later in the day. It will stay dry but feel rather humid. Maximum temperature 24°C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Some rain is possible in the north of the region on Sunday morning, but for the most part the coming days will be dry, warm and humid. Updated: 01:29 on Fri 17 Aug 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
14 of 14  Sun 19th Aug 2018 8:15am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: A damp start, but brighter spells developing through the day. Today: Breezy and rather cloudy with occasional light rain or drizzle through the morning. Generally brighter in the afternoon, with winds easing too. Feeling warm and humid, especially in any sunshine that develops. Maximum temperature 23°C. Tonight: A mostly dry night with clear spells. Cloud increasing from the southwest during the early hours, with a few spots of drizzle possible over the higher ground. Mild. Minimum temperature 15°C. Monday: Mostly cloudy, but some bright or sunny breaks will develop at times. A few light showers are possible during the afternoon. Staying humid and feeling warm. Maximum temperature 25°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Humid and often rather cloudy on Tuesday and Wednesday. However, feeling warm in any spells of sunshine. A band of rain will move south on Thursday, with fresher weather following. Updated: 01:53 on Sun 19 Aug 2018 BST

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

West Orchard
|

Next (newer) topic

St John's Church, Fleet Street
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category