No actionNo action
12 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 12  Sun 18th Jun 2017 9:22am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3955

Please feel free to post comments to our weather topic. Even if it's just to say what it is doing where you are. I post a live link to my most reliable weather info source. I like sharing this one because it is suitable for mobiles & tablets. There are a range of forecast available on it, as well as rain radar, it gives amongst other forecasts, 7 days lightning, for the UK as well as Europe. If you have difficulty using it, please let me know & I will do my best to help. I am just an amateur enthusiast with very big "L" plates but it is such a fascinating subject & affects most of us. I was in Fort William once, enjoying a warm summer evening sat facing north west. I was watching a cloud forming against the hillside opposite where it was intensifying by the minute. Everywhere else it was perfect blue sky. Within about fifteen minutes, this cloud was covering the whole of that hillside, the next thing I saw lightning & everyone heard the thunder. A couple more flashes of lightning & the cloud just melted away as though nothing had happened. That impressed on me just how local weather can be. Here one minute & gone the next.
Coventry Weather Bulletins
Garlands Joke Shop
Coventry
All posts by this member
2 of 12  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:32pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2014  Total posts:179

Thank you Philip for posting these weather updates (I've found them particularly useful this month); as I work outside keeping up to date with the weather is pretty essential. Thumbs up
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 12  Sun 25th Jun 2017 1:48pm  

Hi & thank you, Wave I try to get under what is going on, so as not to get caught up in sensationalised news headlines. Not that I understand the physics past that of an amateur enthusiast. I rely on picking up the threads of conversations between professionals alike, particularity when there is uncertainty. Thank you for your kindness. Thumbs up
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
4 of 12  Wed 6th Dec 2017 10:50am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:2039

Philip. Burned into the wood of a large beam in a very old barn were these words. Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot We have to weather the weather Whether we like it or not.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 12  Sun 13th May 2018 9:07am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Mostly dry, with plenty of warm sunshine. Today: Soon brightening up this morning, with any local mist and fog patches quickly clearing. A dry day is expected with light winds and increasing amounts of warm sunshine, especially later this afternoon and into the evening. Maximum temperature 18°C. Tonight: Staying dry overnight. Clear skies and light winds will lead to a chilly night, with some patchy grass frost and also some local fog developing in places. Minimum temperature 4°C. Monday: A chilly start, with any local mist and fog patches soon clearing. A fine day to come, with plenty of warm sunshine. Perhaps just a little more cloud developing later. Maximum temperature 19°C. Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday: Very warm and sunny Tuesday, with perhaps the odd shower. A weakening band of rain will move southeastwards into Wednesday. Then cooler but sunny, with the risk of overnight frosts. Updated: 02:33 on Sun 13 May 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 12  Sun 13th May 2018 9:59pm  

FROST RISK TONIGHT.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 12  Wed 16th May 2018 8:43am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Cloudy with some rain at first, drier and brighter later. Today: Mainly cloudy to start, with showery outbreaks of rain possible during the morning. Becoming drier later, with some some sunny spells breaking through by late afternoon. Feeling cooler than on Tuesday and it will be breezier too. Maximum temperature 14°C. Tonight: Sunny spells spreading south to give a fine but chilly evening. Cold overnight but dry with clear skies. A touch of grass frost is possible in some rural spots. Minimum temperature 3°C. Thursday: After a cold and bright start, it will soon warm up and be a dry day with plenty of sunshine. With lighter winds it will feel pleasant in the sun. Maximum temperature 16°C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Staying dry throughout, and feeling warm in the sunny spells. It will be chilly at night though, with a touch of frost possible in the countryside. Turning cloudier later Sunday. Updated: 01:00 on Wed 16 May 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
8 of 12  Fri 18th May 2018 8:31am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Warm sunshine. Today: A chilly start and patchy frost in rural areas will be followed by another sunny and warm day across the region. Some fair weather cloud will gather during the afternoon. Maximum temperature 20°C. Tonight: After a sunny evening and some splendid sunsets, temperatures will drop quickly under clear skies, so that by sunrise, patchy frost and mist will form in parts of the countryside. Minimum temperature 2°C. Saturday: Saturday will start off rather cold again, but the rest of the day will be bright and warm across the region. The best of the sunshine will be in Warwickshire. Maximum temperature 22°C. Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday: Further warm sunshine is expected on Sunday and Monday and beyond, though by Tuesday, some heavy showers or perhaps thunderstorms may arrive. Updated: 03:18 on Fri 18 May 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 12  Sat 19th May 2018 8:43pm  

Evening all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Fine and warm by day; chilly by night. This Evening and Tonight: It will stay dry overnight with clear skies for many. Some cloud may drift across far northwestern counties, but under clear skies and light winds temperatures in rural spots will fall to single figures. Minimum temperature 5 °C. Sunday: Virtually a repeat performance of Saturday, with a warm and largely cloudless day. Winds will stay light and temperature may be a degree or so higher. Maximum temperature 23 °C. Outlook for Monday to Wednesday: Dry, sunny and very warm for the most part as we start the new week, but there could be the odd heavy thundery shower at times, mainly during the afternoon's. Updated: 15:10 on Sat 19 May 2018 BST
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
10 of 12  Sun 20th May 2018 9:39am  

Morning all Wave The mostly settled warm sunshine days look to continue until Wednesday (a small risk of showers Monday & Tuesday, opinion is divided) when there is a risk of showers, then a higher risk of some wet stuff on Thursday. I will post a radar link on Wednesday. Have a good day.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 12  Mon 21st May 2018 11:27am  

Rain Radar. Posted this today as the scenario has changed to a mostly nice week.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
12 of 12  Wed 23rd May 2018 8:29am  

Morning all Wave Regional Forecast for West Midlands Headline: Warm with sunny spells today and tomorrow. Today: Rather cloudy to start, but this will clear to leave a fine, dry and sunny day. The winds will be light, so it will be feeling warm in the sunshine. Maximum temperature 24 °C. Tonight: Skies will turn cloudier into the evening, with the chance of a few brief but possibly heavy showers. Staying cloudy overnight, but most places will be dry towards dawn. Minimum temperature 9 °C. Thursday: Sunny spells through the day, with a risk of rain in southwestern counties such as Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, which may affect the rest of the region later. Maximum temperature 24 °C. Outlook for Friday to Sunday: Friday outbreaks of rain likely early on, clearing to leave a fine day with sunny spells. Saturday and Sunday mainly warm and sunny; perhaps the odd brief but heavy shower. Updated: 02:10 on Wed 23 May 2018 BST

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Railways around Coventry
|

Next (newer) topic

Favourite Books
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 30th April 2018  (Load time: 124ms)