No actionNo action
9 posts:
Order:    

PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
1 of 9  Sun 18th Aug 2019 8:36am  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:4204

Morning all Wave Thank you for the weather blether that has been posted. Off the cuff comments can be made without too much fear, because being weather related, which by definition is out of date in a couple of days, so we maintain this topic with only the latest info & chat. It saves disc space & makes the weather topic relevant for today. Brill!
Coventry Weather & Blether
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
2 of 9  Tue 15th Oct 2019 10:42am  

Morning all Wave If we remain afloat till Sunday, there is just a hint of something a bit drier next week. Only a hint! Wave Big grin Big grin In the mean time, surviving until Monday may be quite a task. Rain, rain & possibly thorms on Friday.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
3 of 9  Wed 16th Oct 2019 3:19pm  

Afternoon all Wave
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
4 of 9  Wed 16th Oct 2019 6:36pm  
Member: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:1584

I don't know what happened in Coventry but here Tuesday was a lot wetter than predicted and today was dry... well it was by the time I rolled out but it was supposed to be very soggy. Not that I'm blaming you. It's the weather that isn't following the script. Edited by member, 16th Oct 2019 7:50 pm
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
5 of 9  Wed 16th Oct 2019 9:17pm  

Hi Helen Wave Monday, it started raining here around lunchtime, when the forecast was for later afternoon. In this period of volatile mixing air masses, the rain radar links are all that we have for reliable indicators. Until we pass next Monday, it will be very brave of any forecaster to stick their neck out to predict timing or volumes of rain. An umbrella will be of little use either.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
6 of 9  Sat 19th Oct 2019 3:13pm  

Ok now, attention please. The forecast from tomorrow....... NO RAIN UNTIL THURSDAY. THEN NO RAIN FORECAST. Thursday may be wet, but no significant rain forecast otherwise. We will post the detailed charts tomorrow as usual.
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
7 of 9  Mon 21st Oct 2019 10:08am  

Hi all Wave WEST MIDLANDS WEATHER FORECAST Monday 21 Oct - Friday 25 Oct Headline: Fine weather to start but turning unsettled once more Today: Monday will be dry for most and should feel pleasant during sunny spells in the afternoon as clouds begin to break apart. The cloud may occasionally be thick enough for few showers, but these will fade away into the afternoon. Maximum temperature 12°C. Tonight: Slightly colder than last night with little cloud around and slack winds. Isolated fog patches may form in the east, with a touch of frost in rural areas. Minimum temperature 2°C. Tuesday: A mostly fine day with frequent sunny spells and light winds. Temperatures will reach around the average for the time of year. Maximum temperature 13°C. Outlook for Wednesday to Friday: Wednesday may see some showers moving in from the south as winds pick up from the west. Brighter with a few showers Thursday but fine conditions return for Friday.
Heathite
Coventry
All posts by this member
8 of 9  Mon 21st Oct 2019 10:45am  
Member: Joined Aug 2012  Total posts:604

We must be unlucky in Foleshill because it rained yesterday, and it's raining today. It'll need to be pswift wind if it's going to clear up today. After the Saturday forecast I was quite chirpy but now the weather has turned gloomy, so have I. I wonder if the weather can be altered by the collective gloominess / chirpyness of the locals?
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
9 of 9  Mon 21st Oct 2019 10:55am  

Hi Heathite, Wave I'm disappointed too. Even on this morning’s charts there should not have been rain for Coventry this morning.

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Welcome to the Historic Coventry Forum
|

Next (newer) topic

King Henry VIII Grammar School
View similar topics in the News, Media and Current Affairs category