Topic categories:

Coventry Fire Brigade (inc. Hales Street Fire Station)

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 76 to 77 of 77 posts

Page 6 of 6

1 2 3 4 5 6
No actionNo action
77 posts:
Order:    

Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
76 of 77  Wed 13th Sep 2017 10:33am  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:1800

After the recent activity of the fire brigade round here reminded me: Hales Street Fire Station - the bells went down, the men scrambled and the machine raced out, but in the doorway lay a wallet. A fireman stooped and picked up a leather wallet. This was no cheap thing, old leather and with a clasp - the fireman thought he was justified in opening it to see who it belonged to. He undid the clasp and 'Good heavens!' he cried, looking at a photo of a lady. Agitated he buried his head in his hands - after a few minutes he took a second look then looked through the wallet. Nothing else in the wallet, only a note that gave the name and address of the owner. When the machine returned he walked over to the owner of the wallet. 'You you dropped this', holding the wallet out. 'Thanks' the owner said, a little flushed, and walked a little away from the others. 'May I ask about the lady?' 'She was my wife'. The man paused. 'We had only been married just over twelve months when she died.' His voice dropped to a whisper. The fireman nodded. 'I also knew her, when she was eighteen, I was madly in love with her, but her father found out I was Jewish, forbid her to see me. It was a painful experience'. They locked eyes, then clasped hands with a grip that they alone could understand.
NeilsYard
Coventry
All posts by this member
77 of 77  Sat 30th Sep 2017 1:30am  
Member: Joined Aug 2010  Total posts:1554

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

First pagePrevious page

Displaying 76 to 77 of 77 posts

Page 6 of 6

1 2 3 4 5 6
No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Wyken Slough
|

Next (newer) topic

Bablake School
View similar topics in the Memories and Nostalgia category

Home | Forum index | Forum stats | Forum help | Log out | About me | My music
Top of the page
HTML5
Counter by Rob Orland

This page last updated 21st April 2017  (Load time: 46ms)