Next pageLast page
51 posts:
Order:    

Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
1 of 51  Fri 1st Jan 2021 12:23pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3508

Well, Tuesday I attended hospital. They did everything possible to keep me away from Covid-19, went to great lengths, took me through the goods entry, used the chair out of the ambulance rather than one from the hospital. Brilliant, had nothing but concern for me, and this was a 15 mile journey, there and back. Although under great pressure they were brill. All my thanks to NHS.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
2 of 51  Fri 1st Jan 2021 12:44pm  
Moderator: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:5152

Eastbourne DGH, Kaga?
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Kaga simpson
Peacehaven, East Sussex
All posts by this member
3 of 51  Sat 2nd Jan 2021 12:50pm  
Member: Joined Sep 2014  Total posts:3508

Yes, MR, only this time not a ambulance car, but a full-blooded ambulance and a single paramedic. Driver covered her cab in some sort of plastic when leaving the cab, there were no old men in the department I attended like usual. Nurses had me ready, doctor walked in, said “Are you ready for this.” I said, “Yes”. He did what he had to do, twenty minutes at the most, said, “Ok, finished”, and walked straight out in a hurry, left me to two nurses, he was so rushed you wouldn't believe. Ten minutes, paramedic came back, had me home in very quick time, and was gone before I could say thanks almost. News at night said Eastbourne were near breaking point. An unbelievable team.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
4 of 51  Sat 2nd Jan 2021 1:09pm  

Good, Kaga Thumbs up I had a brain scan there in 1998 - but they couldn’t find one Oh my
Coronavirus - COVID-19
scrutiny
coventry
All posts by this member
5 of 51  Tue 5th Jan 2021 5:35pm  
Member: Joined Feb 2010  Total posts:672

Just as a word of warning. I have just phoned for a prescription to be told I can only have two out of ten of the items. They no longer issue an emergency prescription so I have to have a review by the doctor. Phoned the surgery to be told it is not an emergency and phone back tomorrow. One of my drugs only lasts twelve hrs, then I am in danger of heart attack, stroke. Others last 24hrs then I am in fear of cardiac arrest, others not too worried about if I get the rest. I used to be told by the chemist when I was down to my last prescription but no more. On checking my prescription hardly any drug falls in date with another. They used to issue 9 mths, then 6 mths but now it is as and when, all over the place. Fine, you could say it is my fault but nobody said about the change to no emergency prescription. Just to let you know to check your prescription dates.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Midland Red
Cherwell
All posts by this member
6 of 51  Tue 5th Jan 2021 7:39pm  

When the original lockdown began, we looked to see about having our prescriptions delivered by post. Lloyds operate through Echo, so we signed up with them. Absolutely brilliant. They remind us when a prescription is due to be ordered, and there’s even a message which pings at 8am every day to remind me to take my tablets - I’ve disconnected that one though! Wink Medication arrives with the postman within 48 hours of ordering. Can’t recommend them too highly Thumbs up
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Wearethemods
Aberdeenshire
All posts by this member
7 of 51  Wed 6th Jan 2021 4:57pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2013  Total posts:432

I have been reluctant to utilise this service, which is offered by pharmacies here, however the cost of providing the deliveries is borne by the NHS and they can do with as much income as possible. I accept that there are a huge amount of people which benefit greatly due to infirmity or whatever, but whilst I still have the energy to make the trek, I for one will continue to do so. Thumbs up Stay safe
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
8 of 51  Mon 1st Feb 2021 3:05pm  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2422

I've got my vaccine appointment! Happy Who knew we could be this excited about being poked by a sharp object!
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Annewiggy
Tamworth
All posts by this member
9 of 51  Mon 1st Feb 2021 5:38pm  
Member: Joined Jan 2013  Total posts:1782

We had ours on Friday, Helen. I was surprised they included me as Roy had had letters as he is 75+ and I am 70+. But when they rang they said me as well, all done very efficiently and hardly felt the little prick! Good luck.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
10 of 51  Mon 1st Feb 2021 5:58pm  

Thumbs up Glad to hear it Anne! I'm very surprised I'm this far up the queue but possibly it's because I'm a heap and Warrington has a relatively young population. I am certainly a high risk for reacting badly to the bug but low risk when it comes to being exposed. The cold I had 4 years ago gave me all the same symptoms as covid-19 minus the hospitalisation. I certainly think the authorities are eager to get vaccine in people faster than the EU can demand it off us. If they're having trouble getting some older groups done, it's better to give the capacity to the next batch. I'm booked for a big stadium venue, so maybe the older are getting done at their GPs? Dunno, I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
PhilipInCoventry
Holbrooks
All posts by this member
11 of 51  Mon 1st Feb 2021 6:28pm  
Moderator: Joined Apr 2010  Total posts:3629

Oh how I feel for you, Helen.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
12 of 51  Mon 1st Feb 2021 7:25pm  

No need, Philip, but thanks for thinking of me. I'm coming to no harm. My ailments are more annoying than debilitating. I missed out on real Christmas hugs despite the much appreciated virtual ones, but this will let me get the touchy feely ones sooner than many. I'm just over the moon that this is evidence that they're cracking along.
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Dreamtime
Perth Western Australia
All posts by this member
13 of 51  Tue 2nd Feb 2021 1:43am  
Member: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:2882

Helen, it's a good job it's in your arm and not your 'you know where'. You wouldn't be able to sit down. Roll eyes
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
14 of 51  Thu 4th Feb 2021 9:30am  

I'm done! Woopeee! It all felt very safe. It was at the local Rugby stadium. My biggest worry was parking but even that was easy. And no Dreamtime, they didn't ask me to bend over! Lol
Coronavirus - COVID-19
argon
New Milton
All posts by this member
15 of 51  Thu 4th Feb 2021 8:19pm  
Member: Joined Jun 2016  Total posts:319

There is no doubt that receiving the vaccine is a relief. We both had our second dose on 6th Jan. I know that some folk are fearful of side effects and I can say that after the second dose I did have heavy flu symptoms but they passed within a few hours. My wife had swelling of the arm and aching which lasted a few days but what does that matter when one is protected against a potentially fatal illness that appears to have come from bats in China. I do have an urge to hang upside from the chandelier on occasions but the wife is stopping me. She is already up there and there is not room for two.
Coronavirus - COVID-19

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 15 of 51 posts

Page 1 of 4

1 2 3 4
Next pageLast page

Previous (older) topic

Veasey / Cashmore family research
|

Next (newer) topic

Decimalisation Day, 1971