No actionNo action
2 posts:
Order:    

Rob Orland
Historic Coventry
All posts by this member
1 of 2  Fri 5th Mar 2021 2:06pm  
Webmaster: Joined Jan 2010  Total posts:1478

If we ever need reminding that this Historic Coventry Forum ought to be kept "on track" and decent, it might be this.... Our daughter has recently begun a placement at a Primary School, as part of her qualifying year. Teaching is all she's ever wanted to do, as she loves to help children progress both educationally and as decent human beings. During her first week, which was with 6-7 year-olds, when history was mentioned, she asked the teacher what resources they used. The teacher opened the browser and showed her the familiar cream & brown Historic Coventry. "Wow, that's my dad's website" exclaimed Mandy, proudly! The teacher told her that they particularly enjoy the "Now and Then" pictures, to see how our city used to look. So now we know that children from 5 to 11 years old (and beyond) will be using the site - and many will, out of childlike curiosity, click the links and wander onto this discussion part. These impressionable youngsters, folks, are part of our audience. Connected with this subject is the fact that only children of 13 years and above are allowed on Facebook - for good reason - so that style of social media is not where we wish this site to end up.
Friendly Chat
Helen F
Warrington
All posts by this member
2 of 2  Sat 6th Mar 2021 10:39am  
Moderator: Joined Mar 2013  Total posts:2534

Re very old topics - questions were and will be asked before there are enough information and experienced members to answer. Some people have posted and then never returned because they don't get much of a response. Sadly they sometimes get a reply long after and it makes me sad that people miss a potential connection. It's the nature of the limited and dwindling number of people with old memories or the same ancestry. There is value in returning and bumping a long lost question every now and then to see if things have changed. If those old posts are deleted, then there will never be a starting point. However there isn't much point artificially bumping old topics because it just makes work that the original poster won't appreciate. I asked loads of questions that I can now answer and loads I still can't.
Friendly Chat

You need to be signed in to respond to this topic

No actionNo action

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

Page 1 of 1

No actionNo action

Previous (older) topic

Woodlands School, Broad Lane
|

Next (newer) topic

Street Art in Coventry
View similar topics in the Non-Coventry category